5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:53 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default Fog Lights

I just got some foglights, but i am clueless on how to get them in, or the bracket for that matter, anyone got a tutorial, or feel like telling me what to do?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fog Lights

Sure! I love telling people what to do, & informing people over and over again about the same set of questions. I never get drained! I can do this all day! It is what I do, no matter what! [sm=smiley4.gif] [sm=rolleyes.gif]

What could possibly make the fog lights difficult?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

... thanks for the sarcasm buddy

i need to know how the foglight bracket goes
Old 05-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Which part, the thick steelbrackets or the long metal piece between the two?

The two thick plates bolt to the back of the bumper support with the small lip part pointing to the front.

The long silver section between those brackets bolts to the bottom/underside of those thickbrackets. The flatter side faces down if iremember right. I have all three brackets in the shed, ill have to check them in the morning to be sure im right about the mounting.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

The stud on the foglights go thru the back of the brackets. If they are like miine there should be a little wedge like piece. That goes between the light and the bracket. Again, ill have to check the shed to be sure of everything.

I just noticed the 69 Stang listed in your sig.I only covered the 92, i dont know how the fogs mount on a 69.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

Get aftermarket fog lights. They are lighter and work better. All you have to do is screw them in the fibreglass.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

how much does a cheap set of like walmart foglights cost, or are they junk?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I checked the shed for my old fogs and the long silver bracket goes in flatter side down. Each end is marked LH and RH. All i found for the fogs themselves are the reflector and the wiring.

Factory fogs will plug right in. Aftermarkets sometimes require a little work and dont have the dust boot like the factory does so youll be getting the wires wet. Just stick with the stock pieces since you already have them.

If weight is an issue for you, then get the aftermarkets. Angle them down a little as some are brighter than a pair of new headlights on high.

There was a bulletin for the headlight/foglight switch for the GT. The switch gets hot and eventually melts the plastic connector at the switch causing the plug to pull away from the switch. The problem is the wire for the fogs is too small. I forget what gauge wire to replace it with tho. If you ever lose your lights, thats why. But if you dont use your foglights you wont have a problem. I solved everything and took my fogs out altogether.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
mcginnt
2nd Gear Member

guess some people dont realize its not that simple... i took my stock ones out to clean because they were real foggy, went to put them back in and cant get them straight, they keep drooping angeling downwards... and all it is, is a bolt that goes through a hole and fastend with a nut. i still dont get it either so sorry for the nonhelp i just posted.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
93must
3rd Gear Member

Kind of answered that one yourself didnt you!?
ORIGINAL: pastfast125

how much does a cheap set of like walmart foglights cost, or are they junk?

Quick Reply: Fog Lights