5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

aftermarket cobra bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 PM
zippy95gt

Default aftermarket cobra bumper cover

Do the aftermarket Bumpercovers fit good. are they worth purchasing or should I locate original? Any body installe one what brands are best?

Thanks kevin

[/align]
[blockquote]

any body installed an aftermarket bumper cover. Are they worth purchase, do I need to find an original? Hows the fit most i

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM
StangKid5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: aftermarket cobra bumper cover

I have a cobra bumper on my 92, they fit good depending on what company you buy them from. All the stuff on my car is from cervinis fits really good. but the only thing is they are made out of raw poly-urthen plastic and cost alot to paint, my bumper was $450 to paint, its b/c they have to use a special primer that will flex so it wont crack
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

oem is always best.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

cobra bumpers dont belong on GT's....

it should be illegal
Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

cobra bumpers dont belong on GT's....

it should be illegal
why? i know i'm gonna get one soon enough, i really want straight out tailpipes, and i used to be a big fan of cutting holes in the bumper, like Twisted did, but everyone flames him for it, so i'm not gonna do it.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

I just dont think its right that everyone tries to bite on the style that my car was so blessed with from the factory.

It aggrevates me when people ask if my car is a "real cobra"... and its all because people are wannabes... if you want a cobra... BUY ONE!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zippy95gt

Do the aftermarket Bumpercovers fit good. are they worth purchasing or should I locate original? Any body installe one what brands are best?

Thanks kevin

[/align]

[blockquote]

any body installed an aftermarket bumper cover. Are they worth purchase, do I need to find an original? Hows the fit most i

[/align][/blockquote]

we bought an aftermarket cobra bumper from 50resto.com for my gf's car and it fits like a glove. easy to install also
Old 05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

I just dont think its right that everyone tries to bite on the style that my car was so blessed with from the factory.

It aggrevates me when people ask if my car is a "real cobra"... and its all because people are wannabes... if you want a cobra... BUY ONE!
find me an sn95 vert cobra, hunter green, and i'll gladly buy it right now
Old 05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

plus a million... it pisses me off too... i paid good money for my cobra for a reason.... i dont like ppl telling me its fake all the time just cuz everyone elses is fake.... if u all owned a cobra u wouldnt be asking hte question.... and dont say its a waste of cash cuz it obviously aint cuz u all like the way they look and its a slittly better building plateform..... just buy one or stay stock..... a front bumper doesnt really really **** me off but if u put cobra fender badges on a gt and i heard about it i go a puddy knife i would really like to use and that will jsut give m a reason too.... we arent tryin to be ****** we just dont like ppl raining on ower pariade
Old 05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

the only reason fox guys buy thecobra bumper for the gtis because that you can run exhaust straight out the back and it looks good. if they leave the gt side skirts on that plainly say mustang gt and dont put cobra badges on the fenders then nobody is going to mistake them for a cobra the fox cobra has a different wing and taillights along with different side skirts..... andthe fox cobra bumper does not have cobra wrote on it.

now that being said i dont like when people take a gt and put full cobra body kit on it with the cobra wing and emblems.... but just the rear bumper i dont see a problem with that especially since it doesnt say cobra on it....if i ever got a cobra rear bumper for my gt i would leave everything else the same down to the 5.0 emblems...

Quick Reply: aftermarket cobra bumper cover