5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

**UPDATED PICS PG2** Should I Buy This Stang? Yes/No

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
fasfwd
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Found One - PICS inside - Good Deal? Yes/No?

i would wait it out man, im sure u can find one in tht shape for alot less. dont rush into buying cars ( ive learned from experience)
Old 05-11-2007, 10:31 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Yeah fastfwd might be right. I can find a pretty trick car for 4k. Hell I'm buying my new LX on Monday for 4k and it's prestine!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:45 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Can you post a picture?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

People keep saying how there are all these good deals out there on good condition foxes and I really don't see anything and i've been looking for 5 months. I've seen nothing but the same crap on autotrader and same in autotrader magazines. All of the cars have rebuilt motors with a crap load of miles on the car itself.

I just don't see where $3500-4000 is a complete rip off and I know the car hasn't been beat on at least with the current owner(my friends dad) since it pretty much just sits except for weekends i'll see him take it for a drive to the car wash or something. I care mainly about the car running well and it being the original motor in good condition. It does not leak or burn oil and the underside of the car is clean.

The only thing I haven't done is taken a magnet up to the car to check for bondo and that's it. The interior will be repaired over the time I have it and I will repaint the engine bay the color of the vehicle and make it into prestine condition. I personally am going to repaint the rims black again and down the road get some Chrome Cobra R's or Weld Draglites.

I'm just fed up looking for a good deal when there really isn't. The occasional ebay deal that is in another state just isn't going to work. Last thing is the car has 0 rust which is what almost all the other foxes have...

-Jeff
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
dv3
3rd Gear Member

not 3000 worth
Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

It's not worth 4k with that damage. I'd say 3500 max.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dv3

not 3000 worth
..... how about you show me one for 3000 in that condition.

Anyway I think this is the one i'm going to purchase because i'm sick of looking for "the deal" that you all talk about. I like this one personally the best out of the 10 or more foxes i've looked at (i've driven more) and this motor seems to run the best, even better than the one I drove with 90k...

Another reason i'm going to choose this one like I said before is because "i know" at least with the current owner for the past 5 years that it has not been beat on and has mostly just been driven on weekends. I guess i'd rather just pay 1k more than look for that deal you guys keep talking about for another 6 months.

-Jeff
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordMustangXBA

It's not worth 4k with that damage. I'd say 3500 max.
Thank you for being more realistic than half the people on this forum... I'm going to try and get it for $3700 and that will cover the front bumper damage and gas cap.

-Jeff
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

Too much money, Plus you want a stick shift right? That's the only way to go! Keep L@@King you can find a better deal.............
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stanpower

Too much money, Plus you want a stick shift right? That's the only way to go! Keep L@@King you can find a better deal.............
That's what you guys keep telling me...

My DD is stick so I could handle auto for my project car and swap it later if I want.

-Jeff

Quick Reply: **UPDATED PICS PG2** Should I Buy This Stang? Yes/No