5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

pro-products

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 01:53 PM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: pro-products

ORIGINAL: Dbeck002

dude dont get angry, ok?

becuase....

[IMG]local://upfiles/7895/FFFEBA18A0324911B2E483B754D432B8.jpg[/IMG]
I'm not angry, i'm makin fun of you!!
Old 12-24-2004, 02:45 PM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

by the way you are wrong again. a track heat intake manifold is not 600 dollars.
Well Garsh Batman, I just don't care casue i ain't buyin the damn thing.

you can get them from jdsperformance.com for around 450 and on ebay for as low as 375 slightly used. in the end you get a manifold that can grow with your engine and flow better than the pro-products.
So, I guess your going to supply me with the money to get this intake? NO!!, Well, I guess I'll stick with what I already have.

the pro-products is how much? 275-300? so for another 75 bucks youll have a manifold flowing 8HP MORE, its not 600 more bucks. then we would be talking about a 1000 dollar manifold which are usually custom made!!! and believe me, ALOT of people would spend an extra 75-100 bucks for another 8HP.
You don't seem to understand, I've already spent $300.00, I just can't see pissin away that money in leu of another intake for yet another 300 to 400 bucks.

Besides that I spoke with the guy that helped me install the intake about gasket matching it this summer and he said it didn't need it, or to be deburred.

Evidentely Pro-Products has been reading those articles and cleaning up their act.

we do that when we buy a set of headers for 250 bucks... same thing YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Normally I agree, I'm just saying that it's not ALWAYS the case.

also, its not the name that makes the item expensive. its the quality of the item that makes the name that makes the item expensive.
I agree, I never said the TrackHeat wasn't a nice item, or didn't flow better.

can you compare a set of nikes that last 15 years to a set of payless that cant last a week on a winter day? nothing in life is free, you have to pay to get anything decent nowadays.
I agree, but I like Reebok. I don't do Nike, Sorry. I agree, Payless sucks ****.
I have a house and 3 cars to upkeep, so pissin money away just ain't in the budget, but if you have the money and want the intake, by all means go get it and enjoy.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

Oh, Dbeck002, it's only a 6HP difference between the two, go back and look at the graph.

That makes it even more reason for me not to throw away what i already have. That and I'm on a budget.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:30 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Ok, 6 HP could be about .05 differance in the E.T. of a 5.0 car considering the weight. An .05 differance is nothing and if we were talking about between 2 differant cars, it would be a drivers race...
Old 12-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

yea i guess your right, 6 hp is nothing. neither is the 2 hp from a CAI. or the 10 hp from pulleys or the 3 hp from a regulator. IT ALL ADDS UP!! anyway, good luck guys i like arguing lol...
Old 12-25-2004, 08:48 AM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

yeah I guess your right, 6 hp is nothing.
It is to me when it involves ME pissin away MY money. I've already spent 300.00 on an intake, to spend another 350 - 400 for another intake is a waste off money.

I've already spent 300 for what I have, then to go out and spend another 350 to 400 again, just doesn't make sense. That's 700.00 dollars.

Hey, if you live at home with mom and pops and your not paying a mortgage, insurance, taxes...yadda yadda yadda, then I guess that does make sense to you.

neither is the 2 hp from a CAI. or the 10 hp from pulleys or the 3 hp from a regulator.IT ALL ADDS UP!!
I'm sure it does, but I install what I like on my car just like everyone else here.Hell if I followed your thinking i'd have an exhaust on my car I didn't like and an intake that I didn't like. I'd be making more HP, but I wouldn't be happy with the sound from the exhaust and that ugly intake on my engine. So, I wouldn't be happy with my car.

That's most of what modding your car is, getting it the way YOU want it, not the way someone else thinks it should be. That and making more power.

anyway, good luck guys I like arguing lol...

You might like to argue and being a smarta$$, but your not going to convince me to waste my hard earned dollar for another intake that YOU advocate. I'm certainly NOT going to **** away a 300.00 intake, to pay 350.00 to 400.00 more for 6HP and an intake that I think is ugly as sin.

Hell, if you want it, buy it. If you already have it enjoy it. Now if you REALLY want to **** away money so badly, buy the damn intake for me and I'll bolt it on my car and you'll be a happy camper, how bout that homey?
Old 12-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 90LX50

It is to me when it involves ME pissin away MY money. I've already spent 300.00 on an intake, to spend another 350 - 400 for another intake is a waste off money.

I've already spent 300 for what I have, then to go out and spend another 350 to 400 again, just doesn't make sense. That's 700.00 dollars.

Hey, if you live at home with mom and pops and your not paying a mortgage, insurance, taxes...yadda yadda yadda, then I guess that does make sense to you.

neither is the 2 hp from a CAI. or the 10 hp from pulleys or the 3 hp from a regulator.IT ALL ADDS UP!!
I'm sure it does, but I install what I like on my car just like everyone else here.Hell if I followed your thinking i'd have an exhaust on my car I didn't like and an intake that I didn't like. I'd be making more HP, but I wouldn't be happy with the sound from the exhaust and that ugly intake on my engine. So, I wouldn't be happy with my car.

That's most of what modding your car is, getting it the way YOU want it, not the way someone else thinks it should be. That and making more power.

You might like to argue and being a smarta$$, but your not going to convince me to waste my hard earned dollar for another intake that YOU advocate. I'm certainly NOT going to **** away a 300.00 intake, to pay 350.00 to 400.00 more for 6HP and an intake that I think is ugly as sin.

Hell, if you want it, buy it. If you already have it enjoy it. Now if you REALLY want to **** away money so badly, buy the damn intake for me and I'll bolt it on my car and you'll be a happy camper, how bout that homey?

No thanks, i think ill buy the intake for myself instead of a stranger on the internet lol...
Old 12-25-2004, 09:03 AM
90LX50
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90LX50

No thanks, i think ill buy the intake for myself instead of a stranger on the internet lol...
That's fine by me, But Can you see where I'm coming from? I just can't see blowing another 300 to 400 dollars for another intake, that and I cannot afford it on my budget.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

no one said you HAD to buy the intake. you already have an intake so your ahead of the game... i understand your point but by personal preference id get a holley systemax.