5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Anyone else have or know about Monroe Sensa-Tracs shocks? OR suspension guy, I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone else have or know about Monroe Sensa-Tracs shocks? OR suspension guy, I need your help

I know, quite possibly the crappiest shocks built...

but still.. my stang still has that "raked" look that I am not totally a fan off. Could the Sensa-Tracs be causing this? What else would make the rear sit so high compared to the front? The front is as low as I want it to go.. but I lowered the rear (like the fronts) 2"'s... and the rear is as at the level where a stock stang would be at. Before I lowered it, people asked if I had a liftkit on it haha. And since lowering it, it looks halway normal.

Would replacing the shocks help out at all? or could there be a "block" or something in the rear, making the rear sit up high?

I know its partly cause I have the big tire out back, but I had 16" Cobras on it before, and it looked crazy cause the back sat up crazy high.

Thanks for your help!!

_Ian
Old 05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else have or know about Monroe Sensa-Tracs shocks? OR suspension guy, I need your help

Nobody? Any ideas?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else have or know about Monroe Sensa-Tracs shocks? OR suspension guy, I need your help

I'm running the Monroe's, unfortunately, but that's not your problem. There are no "blocks" lifting you up b/c you don't have leaf springs in the rear.

Did you install your springs yourself? What direction are the pigtails pointing? IIRC, they are supposed to both point to the driver's side rear tire, but I could be mistaken.

Like you said, the larger rear tires have something to do w/ it as well.

Do you have adjustable lower control arms?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

pigtail orientation is really quite important for safety and height.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

I did not install them myself, a shop did it for me. Even with stock springs, the ride height in the rear was the same. (rear higher than the front)

I don't THINK I have rear lower control arms, I know that sounds weird, cause I should know. But I'm 90% sure I have stock control arms
Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Shocks and struts have nothing to do w/ ride height. It's the tire size and the springs that contribute.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 AM
fattony
2nd Gear Member

i duno..personally i think your cars stance looks pretty sexy..call me crazy?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

so your running skinnys out front and slicks in the rear... with stock control arms?
is this a show car? or do you enjoy tearing apart the undercarriage
Old 05-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Sick5.0LX
2nd Gear Member

215's up front and 275's out back... so they arent skinnys, and the rears arent slicks.

so if that means I enjoy tearing apart the undercarriage, then hell yeah.

ORIGINAL: mattdel

so your running skinnys out front and slicks in the rear... with stock control arms?
is this a show car? or do you enjoy tearing apart the undercarriage
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

im running the monroe senetracs in the front with my 5 lug conversion and lowered on Ford B springs.. and i love the ride. feels so much better than stock.. so smooth when I hit bumps now. still need to change out the rears.. might go with some konis or tokikos.. havent decided yet.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have or know about Monroe Sensa-Tracs shocks? OR suspension guy, I need your help