5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

if someone has followed my headaches NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:40 PM
luizGT91
2nd Gear Member

Default if someone has followed my headaches NEWS

so my dad tells me to bring my car to his workplace so these supposed eletric guru will look at my car... i went to fix the A/C of my 4 banger and when i returned with my dads the "guru" tells me, first thing of all you have to put your eletric fan toturn on when the right temperature is reached not direct or all the time, your engine is too cold.. so the ecm is sending gas to make it warmer but it can't so you're running rich, secondly your egr is closed, your maf has to low volts sodoes the tps, thats why you're having issues in your car, now fix the fan, put a thermostatand put your IAT sensor in your intake make a whole and put in there and we'll see what happens,
Sooo is my engines temperature giving me all this bunch of crap!!?? man and the best thing is that the car didn't had issues on my way back home he even had lunch (LT1 T/A) that fckin piece of metal with wheels is playing with my i guess....
P.S. thanksto samseed, adder, joel5.0 and other that have helped me all this way you know who you are...
Old 06-02-2007, 08:30 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: if someone has followed my headaches NEWS

sounds like you're on the road to recovery. keep us posted!!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:02 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

good luck
Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
ACE
4th Gear Member

Change the thermostat to a hotter one since what it sounds like is your car has the wrong degree thermostat in it which would throw it into cold loop. If you go to get a fan controler, try to get one that you can put the thermostatic switch(switch that comes on at certain temp.) in in the lower intake and not one that goes into the fan. I was having the problem that my radiator was not getting hot enough to kick the fans on but the engine was burning hot. The fan being on all the time really wouldnt matter if you get a higher degree thermostat. The only downfall of runing the fan all the time is it lags your alt down a lil bit.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Do you currently have an 180 degree thermostat in it? Where at on your temperature gauge does your needle generally sit when the engine has reached it's operating temperature? Your mechanic might be correct. And why don't you have an IAC sensor? That's plays a role in your air/fuel ratio.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

so what's wrong with the a/c ..having to low feron helps the compressor from kicking on also the fan kicks on when the a/c unit is onyou may have to use a jumper wire to put freon in at first
Old 06-03-2007, 01:16 PM
luizGT91
2nd Gear Member

the a/c that was fixed was from the LX its a 4 banger, the one with the problems is the GT (a/c is coming when mec issues end) and it doesn't have a thermostat... Look guys what really happens here in Mexico that is shameful is that 95% of the mechanics eliminate what they think it won't be necessary GREAT MISTAKE! now i have to search on junkyards or parts stores for thingsthat are missing,
---Wich thermostat do you recomend? the temp of my car rarely reaches the L letter in NORMAL, where should it be pointing?, when i start my car it goes up to 2k rpm for about 2 sec and then goes to 400 and sometimes dies others it goes back to 1k and then stays in the 750-900 range when it works OK and when is failing it goes to 500-550
Old 06-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Im using a 180 thermo and a 3 row rad with a mix of 50/50, no wetter. Temp stays just below the M, sometimes a little lower.

You need an IAC. Not having one is like having one that doesnt work right. Itll mess up your idle.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

his thermo is probably correct, he was saying that his electric fan is on all the time.
Blckstng: IAT, not IAC. intake air temp.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I run a standard 195 Stanttstat, I have emissions and will need all the help I can get. Get a tstat asap and an IAC valve. That is what I would do first.

Quick Reply: if someone has followed my headaches NEWS