5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:30 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...

Yeah, I've made a few modifications myself.

If i was smart, i would have logged my ACTs before to see what it looked like compared to teh new setup (when it is finished.) I'm curious if it made a difference although I imagine it must have.

That would be great if you could get measurements. It would let me know how far off I am and it may open up some more options for me.

Where is your BOV / bypass by the way? I didn't see it being recirculated under the inlet side so I'm assuming you have it hidden somewhere.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Yeah, I've made a few modifications myself.

If i was smart, i would have logged my ACTs before to see what it looked like compared to teh new setup (when it is finished.) I'm curious if it made a difference although I imagine it must have.

That would be great if you could get measurements. It would let me know how far off I am and it may open up some more options for me.

Where is your BOV / bypass by the way? I didn't see it being recirculated under the inlet side so I'm assuming you have it hidden somewhere.
Yeah, it's down in the fenderwell also. The powerpipe is designed so instead of the air being recirculated, it just dumps into the atmosphere.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: 85GTsleeper

that engine bay is beautiful
If you're talking about mine, it's not all that, trust me but thanks just the same

Sam, you may find something HERE that may work for ya.
Well he sure as hell ain't talking about that mess that I call my engine bay. So he must mean yours

Thanx for the link. I'll check that out.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Looking at the link... the 90 degree elbow may work with some trimming. I'll have to take precise measurements and then see what they have to offer.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Looking at the link... the 90 degree elbow may work with some trimming. I'll have to take precise measurements and then see what they have to offer.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I'm willing to try anything, and that looks like the best option so far.

I just wish I knew why ATI decided to have an intake just inches above a header. Surely tehy must have known that it was a bad idea. Hell, if they even slightly altered it to set it up like mine is now, it would have been better. Not only that but I imagine it would have been even easier for them. The filter itself is cheaper and they also would avoid having to ship the extra rubber tubing and the extra metal coupler. So the end result is they save money and the consumer gets a better design... But I'm sure they have their reasons.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL, the reasons, saving money on R&D!! Haha
Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

quoteORIGINAL: samseed101

As most of you know (at least those of you who have seen a Procharger) there's a design flaw in the intake that I absolutely hate. The filter / intake sits directly over the driver's side headers and valve covers. As you can imagine, they are drawing in some serious heat in that location. So I have been trying to figure out a way to work around that issue but haven't had much luck up until now.

wrap your headers, 40% less heat in engine bay.

A can of water wetter will dop you another 6-10degrees

what is your tps set at?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:19 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I thought about wrapping the headers, but I've heard too much bad stuff about it and ended up changing my mind at the last minute. Thought about adding water wetter as well but never got around to it (story of my life.)

TPS has always been right on the money. I have a tweecer RT so I monitor and log it all the time.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

I thought about wrapping the headers, but I've heard too much bad stuff about it and ended up changing my mind at the last minute. Thought about adding water wetter as well but never got around to it (story of my life.)

TPS has always been right on the money. I have a tweecer RT so I monitor and log it all the time.
if you wrap the headers and have breathable holes in the wrap your good to go, it works excellent, with water wetter.

what specific voltage is your tps set at, ? and what do you read WOT.?, key on e ng off

Quick Reply: One step closer to solving the Procharger problem...