5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What kind of alarm do you use? Anyone ever try to steal your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:47 PM
1911A1
1st Gear Member

Default What kind of alarm do you use? Anyone ever try to steal your car?

Well if it wasnt for the guy comming into work after me my car would have been stolen last week. We caught 2 guys trying to break in my 94 mustang vert. It orginally had the factory alarm that cut off the fuel pump but it malfuntioned and left me stranded once so I had it disconnected. I did not get a new one because the alarm guy said that all you need to do is fool with the wires and you can bypass the waste of money alarm. I still have the factory siren on the car.

I am looking for something that will let me know if someone is messing with my car as in it will text or call my cell phone. I also am interested in it disableing my car if activated.

I am hearing good things about the Viper 791. What do you guys think?

*I park it any where from inter citys to rural areas where noone would hear the alarm going off so I am mainly worried about how much longer it would take them to steal it if they had tools and were not under a time limit i.e. where noone would hear it going off.*
Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What kind of alarm do you use? Anyone ever try to steal your car?

rig up a fuel pump disconnect. hide the switch somewhere in the car

i did a viper alarm in my old car because it was egged 3 times don't know damn punk *** kids that are jealous. it wasn't sensitive for the alarm to go off if a egg hit it. it wasn't sensitve enough to go off if u were rocking the car
Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Code alarms, my friend has one, most come with a key fob that beeps when the alarm goes off, its goes off with cats climbing on his car, thats how sensitive it is
Old 06-13-2007, 09:07 PM
1911A1
1st Gear Member

A company by my house has the cobra system and said they can do it for like 400 and it will disable my starter and make my car oh most impossible to steal but idk if I believe that...
Old 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

fuel pump shut off and if you want to tune it urself u can get an added bonus...tweecer...you can set a tune to have no fuel, very low rpm max, all kinds of disabling stuff.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

I just have a bull**** sticker on the driver side window........LOL My cars in a garage almost all the time....Your in a tough sitiuation if you **** them off to bad, they might run a knife through your top! Some people just suck.........Good Luck..........
Old 06-13-2007, 11:34 PM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

they make a little beeper than has a screen on it that says what part of the car was set off and the beeper has a picture of ur car on it, hood, dor, etc. U should get that theft setup that when they steal ur car it dies out a block away and the doors and windows lock and they r stuck in there. get some plexi glass windows and there u go. not only stop them from stealing ur car but u catch them 2 lol
Old 06-13-2007, 11:38 PM
irish1
2nd Gear Member

Friend of mine hid a kill switch in his 1989 and challenged me to find it. Took me over an hour to locate it. I couldn't get under the hood because of locks, nor under the car as it is lowered. Found it when I tried to use his cigarrette lighter as I was stumped, lighter didn't work and seemed short, it was in the bottom of the lighter assembly, yellow button with "go" on it.....
Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 AM
red302
1st Gear Member

Theres a new SNITCH GPS alarm system out that sends you a text message and email when your car is stolen. It can also show you on a map on their website where your car is located or where its headedwithin minutesand you can just call the police with the location. Just look up SNITCH vehicle alarms on Google. Its around 400 dollars and you can use it with another alarm system.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Dave93VertGt
2nd Gear Member

when i first got my convertible, i was lying on my mom's couch in south texas talking on the phone to my chic. the driveway went up almost to the window and thats where i parked my stang. i heard a shatter of glass. mind u it was about 130am and the lights in the house were off, no fence in front. i peeked thru window and saw two lookouts on the corner. then i noticed my rearview mirror lights were on. i wokeup my dad and went outside running. my mom got up and was yelling that she was calling cops. anyways, i saw the 2 lookouts run about 3 blocks away from the house, as i pulled the drugged up young teen out of my front seat. he didnt retaliate. i punched him real hard in the nose and he fell. my dad said "hey the other two are coming back"!! i ran to where he was to back him up but they ran again. at the same time the one i hit got away. all i lost was a window replacement. lookouts were about 17-18, vandal was about 16

i've had my cartop torn with a knife about 4 inches long too about 2 weeks later. these kids and their drugs are just stupid. usually there is no car related crimes where my parents live, but these kids spot a convertible mustang and they just have to have it, lol. my stang is garage kept now, as i was only visiting.

GET A NEW FM LCD BEEPER STYLE ALARM SYSTEM. BACK IT UP WITH THE STREERING WHEEL BRACE. BACK THAT UP WITH A KILL SWITCH. IF YOU ARE FEARFUL OF KNIVES THRU YOUR TOP (VANDALISM) THEN GET A MICROWAVE PROXIMITY-SENSOR.

Quick Reply: What kind of alarm do you use? Anyone ever try to steal your car?