5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

HCI disaster...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: HCI disaster...

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Tech Certified and you blew up your car... moron...

and it's called somebody taking a motor apart for the first time... I'll be waiting for you when your car blows up again so I can laugh in your face jackass.
yea... 160k miles and a STOCK head gasket let go... entirely my fault... [>:]

what a newb
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

and it's called somebody taking a motor apart for the first time... I'll be waiting for you when your car blows up again so I can laugh in your face jackass.

what a newb
Either I am really tired or the sarcasm is getting to me because this is one of the funniest posts I have read in a while! hahaha
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

since when does being "tech certified" mean that nothing on my car can break???

I was abusing a stock 160k mile motor... spraying 125 shot of nitrous into it.... i was TRYING to break something
Old 07-03-2007, 04:26 AM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

I'll add this thread to my listof people whoshouldn't be doing their own wrenching. God, it just blows my mind that someone who says, "Those things that support the push rods." thinks they can do an H/C/I. Anyone who doesn't know what lifters are and that they must be removed before taking a cam out deserves to be made fun of. I can hear it now, "Hey, it's just a motor, how hard can it be... ooops, I have lifters in my oil pan, how do I get them out?" I do feel bad for you, but I see too many threads like this where people attempt something way over their head and end up in a bad situation.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

whatever I appreciate all your support since I meant to drop one of the lifters... I guess this obviously isn't the place to be if you make a mistake.

Anyway I knew to remove the lifters, but like your car blew up **** happens. I also did read the modular fords how to for "hci" and guess what it doesn't mention to remove the lifters...

I'm not going to argue but at least you guys can have a good laugh and i'll have a nice headache since I can't get my oil pan out now.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
Vader87
1st Gear Member

+1 with $hit like this who needs tv & movies
ORIGINAL: 91hatchgt

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

what a newb
Either I am really tired or the sarcasm is getting to me because this is one of the funniest posts I have read in a while! hahaha
Old 07-03-2007, 04:31 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

whatever I appreciate all your support since I meant to drop one of the lifters... I guess this obviously isn't the place to be if you make a mistake.

Anyway I knew to remove the lifters, but like your car blew up **** happens. I also did read the modular fords how to for "hci" and guess what it doesn't mention to remove the lifters...

I'm not going to argue but at least you guys can have a good laugh and i'll have a nice headache since I can't get my oil pan out now.
Well sorry for your headache's.. Hope I did help some initially. Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:31 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

taking the pan off is easy.

undo the motor mounts & jack the motor up with a piece of wood on a jack. with some more wood, jam the motor up as high as you safely can without stretching any wiring or kinking any steel lines. take a look at everything constantly while you are jacking. pay a friend to help.

after the motor is up about 3 or 4 inches, the pan will fall down enough to be able to remove the pickup tube from the oil pump. there are 2 bolts holding it to the pump, and 1 nut holding it to the #3 main cap on the crank. remove those 3 fasteners, and the pickup tube will drop into the pan.

now you can remove the pan. if the motor is high enough, it will clear the oil pump, but will never clear the pickup tube.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

taking the pan off is easy.

undo the motor mounts & jack the motor up with a piece of wood on a jack. with some more wood, jam the motor up as high as you safely can without stretching any wiring or kinking any steel lines. take a look at everything constantly while you are jacking. pay a friend to help.

after the motor is up about 3 or 4 inches, the pan will fall down enough to be able to remove the pickup tube from the oil pump. there are 2 bolts holding it to the pump, and 1 nut holding it to the #3 main cap on the crank. remove those 3 fasteners, and the pickup tube will drop into the pan.

now you can remove the pan. if the motor is high enough, it will clear the oil pump, but will never clear the pickup tube.
Yeah this is the route I will be going, although as you can tell i'm not to happy about the situation I just put myself in. I don't need to actually remove the pan. I just need to lower it enough to get a strong magnet in...
Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

or you could just stick your hand in there...

dont be afraid to get dirty

Quick Reply: HCI disaster...