5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

H/C/I - Install Progress (Up to date pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
bmennen07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: H/C/I - Install Progress (Up to date pictures)

get the gas tank door fixed and it will be perfect
Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

looks like the fridge needs to be restocked before ANYTHING else goes any further
Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

hey PM me with the coke reward points off those 12 packs
Old 07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

ORIGINAL: nothsa

ORIGINAL: 94RedDevil

You might not wanna put those headers on before actually putting the heads on the motor. It will throw off your readings when you are torquing the head bolts. Now before i am critisized, it may not matter because the head bolts are torque to yeild but i would not risk blowing a head gasket and having to do the whole thing over again. Just my 2 cents. I just did an hci swap so if you have any questions, it is fresh in my mind and i would be glad to help you out. pm me
Thanks,

I appreciate the offer and may eventually take you up on it. Although for the headers being bolted prior to torquing the head bolts I think it will be fine. I say that in fact because the headers are going to be on there eventually and also because that's why there is a torque sequence to begin with IMO. I don't see that there should be a difference. I will tighten all the bolts in the torque sequence, then retorque them to the specs after I have torqued them 10lbs lower before their final torquing.

-Jeff
Good luck getting to the head bolts with the headers on......

You should also replace the head bolts since they are torque to yield. All looks good though, have fun.
I already have a new set of head bolts, but hopefully Iwill befine getting them on?[sm=nerd.gif]
Old 07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
CantStopTheFox...
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LTnone

1. Sure it's not 82 degrees? Many are
2. Gray stang/black rims = beautiful
3. Way to hang a lamp from your hood!

Lookin good so far
I stared at that gold thing for a long time trying to figure outwhat the hell that was

I was like.....what the hell kind of tool is that?!? LOL!!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Well i'm off guys, the re-assembly officially starts once again!

I have just picked up the thrust plate, which a local machine shop only charged me $5.00! I know it's a really basic job, but he only wanted a few bucks but i'm like at least take $5... I was just so happy to have found somebody that would do it!

-Jeff
Old 07-05-2007, 07:02 PM
92.5LXVert

Nothsa,
I know exactly what you are going through - just did the same thing myself. Used TW 2.02s with a AFM N51cam(.520/.528), upgraded valve train, 90mm Lightning Mass air and 75mm TB, MSD billet dist, blaster coil, etc. It's a AOD and I have a PI 3K stall going in...
94RedDevil,
Since you just went through this wondering if you can help. Problem is car won't start. I'm getting spark to the coil and plugs, fuel pressure is sitting at 40PSI. It turns over and occasionally backfires so I am assuming my timing is way off when I put the dist back in... can you suggest some tricks???
Much appreciated.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92.5LXVert

Nothsa,
I know exactly what you are going through - just did the same thing myself. Used TW 2.02s with a AFM N51cam(.520/.528), upgraded valve train, 90mm Lightning Mass air and 75mm TB, MSD billet dist, blaster coil, etc. It's a AOD and I have a PI 3K stall going in...
94RedDevil,
Since you just went through this wondering if you can help. Problem is car won't start. I'm getting spark to the coil and plugs, fuel pressure is sitting at 40PSI. It turns over and occasionally backfires so I am assuming my timing is way off when I put the dist back in... can you suggest some tricks???
Much appreciated.
1.disable the ignition by unplugging harness to dizzy and coil pack

2. turn the motor over with your thumb on the #1 spark plug cyl hole, when it blows your finger(youll feel it.

this is tdc for the # 1 piston.

3. Take and turn the motor till the pointer is on 0,( clockwise or counter) on the harmonic dampner.

and the rotor button pointing at the #1 cyl.

4. turn the motor counter clockwise to 10, pull the dizzy up to realign to the number one cyl. instal dizzy, plug all back in. its should start instantly.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you cheap bastard....

Car looks good man, I would also recomend putting the headers on first, damn they are a bitch to do after[:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drhoward

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you cheap bastard....

Car looks good man, I would also recomend putting the headers on first, damn they are a bitch to do after[:@]
The headers are already on, now i'm worried about the headbolts going on all right!

Quick Reply: H/C/I - Install Progress (Up to date pictures)