5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help with nitrous wiring and wiring for new gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

Default Need help with nitrous wiring and wiring for new gauges

ok first off i need to mount my on off switch for my nitrous and im not sure of how to run the wires out into hte engine bay....

also i got autometer guages... with a cluster... here are the links
water Temp
oil Pressure
cluster

i was kinda wondering how to wire them up... diretions the sent are kinda vauge and a more of a general thing... so if ne one can give me info that would be great
Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Need help with nitrous wiring and wiring for new gauges

Ummmm, I have a question. Now not trying to be a dick but, you're installing nos but don't know how to wire it? What's wrong w/ this picture. the instructions w/ the gauges are pretty simple. I know cuz I've installed quite a few. It's power, ground, the lite and the wire for the sending units. The wires you can poke a hole in the fire wall and run them out that way. What else do you need to know?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:04 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Ummmm, I have a question. Now not trying to be a dick but, you're installing nos but don't know how to wire it? What's wrong w/ this picture. the instructions w/ the gauges are pretty simple. I know cuz I've installed quite a few. It's power, ground, the lite and the wire for the sending units. The wires you can poke a hole in the fire wall and run them out that way. What else do you need to know?
i know how to wire the "nitrous".... cuz its nx.... but i just am unsure of how to run the wires.... i dont wanna drill holes in my fire wall... i was hoping for a pre-exsisting hole... i didnt see one but i figured id ask... if i have to drill a hole were and what should i use to protect it form the elements... aka water gettin in... and about the gauges the 12vdc were should i run that.. were is a lightning wire i can get too... and were in a 12v ingition source cuz i need it for the gagues and hte nitrous both and thats the only thing i really have no clue on cuz i dont have a schematic to stare at... also the dircetions say to ground close to hte sensor... how close does it need to be... or is that not that big a deal??? and as far as the sending unit for the oil pressure were does it screw into??
Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

If you dont know what your doing.... you shouldnt be doing it..

thats why people, like me, get paid to fix the mistakes that people, like you, make!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

For a pre-existing hole in the firewall, look on the driver's side somewhere left and up from teh brake. You should see a huge rubber grommet there. I just bent it back a little and passed the wires through there. If you really need it, I can take a pic of it and post it tomorrow. But you should be able to find it easily.

To see where ot comes out in teh engine bay, take a look at your brake booster and then look a little down and to teh left of it. At least I think that's roughly where it is. I'm going by memory here but it's hard to miss.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

just find or make a hole in the firewall.... you wont have problems w. water comming in...

my light source for my tach is my dimmer switch... power is to the starter silonoid, and i have a toggle switch in the circut

a good key on source would be the positive wire on the coil...
Old 07-06-2007, 03:37 AM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Isnt the purpose of this forum for people to help one another?Adder, I totally respect you and you have a ton of knowledge, that is why people ask you questions because you know your ****. That is the whole purpose of having your car and working on it, so you can say you did it yourself. So what if people need a little help along the way. I for one might know how to do something butI might still ask, sometimespeople just like reassurance.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:11 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

just find or make a hole in the firewall.... you wont have problems w. water comming in...

my light source for my tach is my dimmer switch... power is to the starter silonoid, and i have a toggle switch in the circut

a good key on source would be the positive wire on the coil...
im not sure what you sayin here so i have 2 questions... this dimmier switch is it light switch... on and off and hten u can twist it and it will dim the lighting for the gauges that are stock???... if so just splicing into htem shouldnt be much of a problem

as for the key source the coil your talking about is the dizzy coil??? if so and im remembering rite there are 2 black wires so which would be the postive wire... if its not that coil then which coil
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

any info anyone???

here is what i need to know

exactly were to wire up the hot and neutral wire for the lighting on the gauges???
also when i round the gauge it says close to sending unit... how close... does it matter or can i use find a ground??
were does the oil pressure sending unit screw in???
were can i wire up 12 volts that is only on it i turn the key???
Old 07-07-2007, 12:16 AM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ok i have done a little research and it looks like fuse 15(10amp) and fuse 18(20amp) are both hot when the ignition is in run or start position i was wondering how to properly run wires to them that require the ignition sorce voltage.... if ne one has a better idea id love to hear it

i figured out were the sending units for the oil pressure and coolant go.... and there are 2 ground wires close to each so that shouldnt be a problem....

so i guess all i need to know is the fuse thing stated above and how to wire up these lights on the gauges... ground is easy... but were can i get to the 12vdc lighting sorce??

Quick Reply: Need help with nitrous wiring and wiring for new gauges