5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nitrous runs tn... somethings not right...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:37 AM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous runs tn... somethings not right...

I would check my fogger nozzel and my solenoids.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Do you have a fuel pressure safety switch? If not, check the mechanical WOT switch to make sure you're not bending it.

Next time you go:
1. Make some baseline runs N/A.
2. Use the nitrous at full timing.
3. Look for changes in 60' and mph.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

silonoids seem fine to me... the clickd and all when i tested them, and they work fine in 1st and 2nd... as for the fogger... i only checked it once... i had it spraying and just had the intake tube off and it seemed to be working like it should... im starting to think my window switch may be the problem. its an msd digital window switch... set at 2900 and 6000. and yes it is wired correctly
Old 07-07-2007, 03:44 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Do you have a fuel pressure safety switch? If not, check the mechanical WOT switch to make sure you're not bending it.

Next time you go:
1. Make some baseline runs N/A.
2. Use the nitrous at full timing.
3. Look for changes in 60' and mph.
no fuel saftey switch... i did check the WOT switch for that, and it hasnt budged... not at all

and i will try those three things.. and btw... nitrous runs were at 10 deg... which is what my n/a runs are usually at.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

wow that's horrible... you should be on the verge of 12s with a 100shot. those 60s are pretty bad for MT DRs too, something is definetly not right... your trap speeds are all over the place too. you should've done a pass without the bottle just to see if the kit is really the problem, maybe there's something wrong with the motor, it's hard to tell.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

It may sound like a strange idea, but if you're unsure if it's spraying when you want it too, splice in a LED that you can place somewhere where you can easily see it. I have an LED on my methanol so I know when the boost-activated switch kicks in. It lets me know if something happens and the kit loses poewr / stops spraying.

I know there's not much you can do about it right now, but I'd try to check the A/F ratio at WOT when spraying. I've seen quite a few people go too large with teh fuel jet / fuel pressure and they run pig rich. Next thing you know tehy have ****ty times and glowing headers
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

well thats the best short times its ever done w. these tires... i assume because of the stock gears... ive never hit any better... and as you can see... im not babying it off the line by any means.

as for it being the motor? doubtful... seemed to pull and run like it usually does... but hell beats me.

im gonna try agian wed night and if its not any better, i think im gonna take it to a local speed shop and do some dyno runs, to see my a/f with and with out nitrous... and my hp/tq numbers for that matter.

then again, tn was humid and hot... and it wasnt sticking very well.... maybe it was just a **** night? ****in, who knows... ill know on wed.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

wow that's horrible... you should be on the verge of 12s with a 100shot. those 60s are pretty bad for MT DRs too, something is definetly not right... your trap speeds are all over the place too. you should've done a pass without the bottle just to see if the kit is really the problem, maybe there's something wrong with the motor, it's hard to tell.
I just went back and checked out the 60' times when I read that. Didn't noticed that he posted them before. Yeah, there's something wrong with that. Bogging or something? But then again, I assume you're not spraying right off the line so that may have something to do with it.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

It may sound like a strange idea, but if you're unsure if it's spraying when you want it too, splice in a LED that you can place somewhere where you can easily see it. I have an LED on my methanol so I know when the boost-activated switch kicks in. It lets me know if something happens and the kit loses poewr / stops spraying.

I know there's not much you can do about it right now, but I'd try to check the A/F ratio at WOT when spraying. I've seen quite a few people go too large with teh fuel jet / fuel pressure and they run pig rich. Next thing you know tehy have ****ty times and glowing headers
i like the led idea, i might just do that, tho i can tell obviously when it is and is not spraying.... and like i just posted, ima run again wed. night and if no improvements, i think im gonna dyno it and see its a/f ratio..

as of now the jets are going off of what NOS recommended for this nozzle... honestly dont remember right now tho... i can look it up if need be
Old 07-07-2007, 04:07 AM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

one suggestion i heard before you had the timing at 10* ? try bumping it to 16 degrees

Quick Reply: nitrous runs tn... somethings not right...