5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

no spark.... Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: no spark.... Help

how much of an overhaul are we talking about here? did you rip the motor out and redo the block? or just freshen up the gaskets and such?
the PIP, like i said in our PM, is inside the distributor. i only asked about it incase you redid the dizzy or something. if you didn't really take the dizzy apart, its probably still ok.
get your volt meter out and check whether the TFI is even getting power.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

Ok so I figured the problem out. I was back probing the entire time on the coil to see that it was getting 12v. The neg side was pushed out a little and not making contact with the negative side of the coil. Got it Fixed and started. I started it and let it run for a while, It smoked alot from the heads and block and headers for about a min (The fresh paint and oils from my hands were burning off) then I kept seeing steam rise from the passenger side right where the header collector is. I looked closer and saw fluid coming from the rubber drain that is in the firewall right below the AC Filter/Drier. I dabbed a bit on my finger and tasted it (It appeared to be water) and sure enough it was anti-freeze. So now with a Brand spanking new motor, A/C System, 3G swap, Taurus Fan Swap, and the cleanest engine bay you will ever see.... It looks as though I have to replace the dreaded Heater Core. This will be the third one that I have done. Hopefully I can beat my previous record of 3.5 Hrs. Now its late and I am just rambling on so...
Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

ah that sux.