Wix Filter - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wix Filter

Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Wix Filter

i heard that to wasn't sure if it was true though.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:21 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Now why do you guys think a huge corporation like Ford Motor Co. would always be buying the "cheapest" oil and spark plugs on the market??? Don't you think they have a rather large research and development department that is constantly testing oils and spark plugs and other parts to find those that work the best for the best price and that help them meet the ever tightening emissions and fuel economy standards?? I know if I was going to offer a 5 year, 50,000 miles powertrain warranty on new vehicles I would not be using just any old oil and filter and spark plugs. They have developed specifications for them just like any other manufacturer would do and only buy and use products that meet or exceed the specs they have issued. And if you were one of their suppliers of products, don't you think they are testing what you sell them to make damn sure they are getting what they paid for??? Outside suppliers have a huge financial stake in supplying products to Ford and all the other car makers and they are not usually known for trying to slip shoddy products past the quality control inspectors employed by the companies who buy their products as it's just not good business. Certainly there may be areas where the factory specs could be improved upon, that's why the huge aftermarket parts business exists but that don't mean that factory specs aren't good ones.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 AM
bobby
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roundman

Now why do you guys think a huge corporation like Ford Motor Co. would always be buying the "cheapest" oil and spark plugs on the market??? Don't you think they have a rather large research and development department that is constantly testing oils and spark plugs and other parts to find those that work the best for the best price and that help them meet the ever tightening emissions and fuel economy standards?? I know if I was going to offer a 5 year, 50,000 miles powertrain warranty on new vehicles I would not be using just any old oil and filter and spark plugs. They have developed specifications for them just like any other manufacturer would do and only buy and use products that meet or exceed the specs they have issued. And if you were one of their suppliers of products, don't you think they are testing what you sell them to make damn sure they are getting what they paid for??? Outside suppliers have a huge financial stake in supplying products to Ford and all the other car makers and they are not usually known for trying to slip shoddy products past the quality control inspectors employed by the companies who buy their products as it's just not good business. Certainly there may be areas where the factory specs could be improved upon, that's why the huge aftermarket parts business exists but that don't mean that factory specs aren't good ones.
EXCACTLY!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:57 AM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

The FL-1HP is a high performance Oil filter that can handle burst pressures of 500psi. yadda yadda yadda. Guy at work with his N/A 525Hp 306 runs it.
ORIGINAL: bobby

ORIGINAL: 86HOGT

Get Motorcraft FL-1A, or if you're hardcore go with the FL-1HP. I think if you're engine is close to stock..meaning you could have all the bolts ons yet still stock internals...go with what came from the factory. I do.
whats the difference? thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

The FL-1HP is a high performance Oil filter that can handle burst pressures of 500psi. yadda yadda yadda. Guy at work with his N/A 525Hp 306 runs it.

Get Motorcraft FL-1A, or if you're hardcore go with the FL-1HP. I think if you're engine is close to stock..meaning you could have all the bolts ons yet still stock internals...go with what came from the factory. I do.
holy crap dude, how the hek can you get that much hp out of a 306!?!?!?!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
thelast50ho
2nd Gear Member

wix are very good filters and they make motorcraft filters also so ether are good and you can get motorcraft at walmart
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Secrets...that I know.

holy crap dude, how the hek can you get that much hp out of a 306!?!?!?!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:43 AM
93yellowfeaturecar

I use Puralator PureOne filters. They are micronic filters that filter out the smallest particals that would pass through the average filter. I'm an aircraft technician and micronic filters is used on all the piston engines. If its good enough to meet the specs of an aircraft, its good for my car. I use them on all my cars, and when I had my '99 elantra beater car the oil would still be clean after the 6k oil change.