5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

The Best Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
92Rideagain
1st Gear Member

Default The Best Suspension?

Who makes the best suspension pieces for a 92GT? I have been reading about Griggs and all the items that they have as well about Maximum Motorsports. I want to build it up to be a real corner carver, I just do not have the money to make mistakes on the wrong setup. I just wanted to know if anyone was using a setup from either company or could even reccommend anyone else. I know this may sound like a tall order but I want to out corner the Corvettes/Camaro's & M3's. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Best Suspension?

You can't go wrong with maximum motorsports. They have good quality stuff. I'm not sure about grigs though.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
MaximumMustang

i have the whole maximum motorsports track kit....and used a g-tech to test max lateral G's....90 degree turn city street about 30 mph 1.00g, skid pad 45-50 mph .98g continuous....with stock tires n rims
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

tire and rim dimensions and alignment will also be a key factor, along with bushing and chassis selections.

Ive seen 5.0's drop .3 -.5 tenths in the 1/4
Old 08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
92Rideagain
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaximumMustang

i have the whole maximum motorsports track kit....and used a g-tech to test max lateral G's....90 degree turn city street about 30 mph 1.00g, skid pad 45-50 mph .98g continuous....with stock tires n rims
On the kit that you have I see where they have on the website the The Road & Track Box & The Maximum Grip Box. Which one did you get? When I read about the AIX races it is always someone using either Griggs or MM suspension pieces. To be able to pull 1.00g is very impressive, that is grip that I am looking for.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
BK_Grand_Marquis

There is a guy that autocrosses a 88 Mustang here. He has a full Griggs setup. He loves it. Not sure if he has any engine mods but his times are up at the top of the pack consistently.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

i use MM and couldnt be happier. Griggs is very expensive, i woulduse iton atrack only car.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
redf89notch

megabit jr adjsutable upper and lower control arms for the rear

comp 3 way adjustable shocks for the rear/or strang 10 way (most go with the comp engineer 3 way's i love them)

lakewood 90/10 shocks upfront

go with a set of front tubular arms, im not specific as i yet to do the front tubular arms yet

also for springs hands down i love the moroso drag launch springs, i had the eibach and i liked them but i only needed to get my 60ft times kicked so many times before i tried the moroso's

front springs, go stock with 1 ring cut, use brand new ones not used ones there only $80

O yea dont forget when you do new control arms remove the quad shocks and for heavens sake save yourself some hassel and do the upper and lower control arm torque boxes, the new stiffer control arms are rough on the torque box's
Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
MaximumMustang

the maximum grip box, but the numbers described are with the tires begging for mercy andw/o the panhard bar, rear adjustable sway bar, rear control arms, torque arm, the k member, or performance tires....it can get better!
alignment angles were 2degrees neg. camber, 4 degrees pos. caster
...i have no complaints about the ride quality either and im preety sure the g-tech iz accurate it was zero'd out when the car was level
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

lets be real do you even have the funds for the best?
ORIGINAL: 92Rideagain

Who makes the best suspension pieces for a 92GT? I have been reading about Griggs and all the items that they have as well about Maximum Motorsports. I want to build it up to be a real corner carver, I just do not have the money to make mistakes on the wrong setup. I just wanted to know if anyone was using a setup from either company or could even reccommend anyone else. I know this may sound like a tall order but I want to out corner the Corvettes/Camaro's & M3's. Thanks.

Quick Reply: The Best Suspension?