5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

tfs efi hci kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: tfs efi hci kit

The issue here is that you can do a Cobra spec H/C/I for about $600-$800... so why bother to spend $2200 for the same results that $800 worth of parts will net you?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
ponyboy302
3rd Gear Member

your talking about used parts right ? i wouldnt want someone elses junk lol.. if i were to buy new gt40 hci and all that other stuff that comes in the tf kit it would probably end up costing even more and like you said for the same amount of power ...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

well it depends on what you want if you don't want used then buy new!!but properly researched used parts can yield you good results and work great!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: ponyboy302

your talking about used parts right ? i wouldnt want someone elses junk lol.. if i were to buy new gt40 hci and all that other stuff that comes in the tf kit it would probably end up costing even more and like you said for the same amount of power ...
one of these days.... noobs like you will come to realize that just because its used... doesnt make it junk
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: ponyboy302

one of these days.... noobs like you will come to realize that just because its used... doesnt make it junk
I have told people on thisforum several websites where you can get great used part's. People are always upgrading and they know they can not get the money they have in these usedparts so they sell them fairly cheap to help pay for the upgraded parts they want. It's like a 6 month old car, the car can be in great condition, but you know your going to take a hit if you sell it because of depreciation.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
ozz
2nd Gear Member

i agree if you are on a budget used parts are were its at if you dont think you can find good used parts you are a moron i have not bought anything yet but i have been looking because i am in college and on a budget and there are some great used parts out there and they are real neogtiable usually because they have already upgraded there car and need to make some money back and there wife is yelling at them to clean out the garage i scour ebay all the time go to swap meets and look in my local adds because there is allways part in there its just a matter of getting money yea your not gonna have the best stuff but why does it have to be new

if you live in pa de nj or md fall carisle swap meet is comming up october 3 thru the 7th i always find good used parts there just i havent got anything for my stang yet but i always foudn quality used part for my camaro and monte carlo ss i used to have and i kno they have great used parts there and i will be there
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

before doing a HCI swap, I suggest a compression check.

Countless times have I found 302's that needed a bore and hone after tearing the motor apart, for low compression. You can get stock type 302 pistons with your overbore size and just have them weight matched to your old ones and pressed on the rods pretty cheap aka 306

Old 09-13-2007, 10:39 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Sometime's it is not even about being on a budget. For some things it is justsmarter to buy used. I have new parts for sale that i havnt used because i changed my mind on the build (alot of us have). You can get brand new parts sometimes for used part prices.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode06

before doing a HCI swap, I suggest a compression check.

Countless times have I found 302's that needed a bore and hone after tearing the motor apart, for low compression. You can get stock type 302 pistons with your overbore size and just have them weight matched to your old ones and pressed on the rods pretty cheap aka 306

What should it be?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 PM
88_LX
2nd Gear Member

i looked at summit and thr and they are both 2400 where is it cheaper, i dont want to buy from ebay i buy a lot from ebay but i want to get this stuff from a reputable store

Quick Reply: tfs efi hci kit