5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

* RANT pg. 2*cleavor heads on windsor??? to do or not to do??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: cleavor heads on windsor??? to do or not to do??

right on...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

do you have a pic of the deck surface of the head just so i can see if the did the machine work on it? but yeah dude - you need to ****** that up like yesterday
Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

no other pics available.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
FLcracker9
3rd Gear Member

Will this be driven on the track only, or also on the street?. Won't this motor be a dog on the bottom end just like the BOSS 302 is/was?. It's been a while since I've seen a "Cleavor", but if I remember correctly, the performance was better using the 2V heads on the Windsor block because the 2.19 intake valves on the 4V heads were just too big for a street motor?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:39 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

it will be track and minor street. I know of the 2v heads, i have a chance to get yhe 4v and for a pretty good price and they are already dont for the machine work.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

like i said before, if you assemble and you feel that you need more bottom end you can buy port tongues for like 100 bucks or less that raise the port floor and dramaticaly increase low end oomph without loosing much of anything on the top
Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

i have a heavy foot, i mean like solid iron foot. So any vehicle i drive is never below 3k. So i honestly dont care anbout low end. Even when drag racing i will be launching up in the hgher rpm. But if i decide later i do need the lower end i iwll do that. Not now. i am stoked for this build to start. going to get the stuff this sunday *2 days*
Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

kick ***!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:39 PM
92civy
4th Gear Member

OH YEAH BABY, i am very happy as are you, lol.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 AM
92civy
4th Gear Member

*RANT mode one* well guys, it looks like i won't be doing the clevor build untill after christmas. Well the guy screwed me two weeks i na row. I was supposed to go out last sunday and get the shortblock, heads, and inatke from him. Then he emails me and says that he is working and cannot sell me the engine. So i email him back and say ok we'll do it next sunday (i was pissed right off, but this is a GREAT deal). So then i ask him a few more question that i wanted to know but forgot to ask about. Then he emails me back and says "Nik, not to be rude but these questions you are asking should be asked when buying a $5k shortblock not a $650 one. This pissed me off. Why wouldn't i ask some question to see what the engine needs. I asked if the rotating assembly was ballanced, and who assembled the engine. Also why he is selling it, then i get him telling me that these queations shouldn't be asked. But anyways, so I email him on thursday and telling him i am coming on sunday for sure. Then he replies and states he wants it gone by fridayat lunch or he is going to relist it. (he knows i have school and he told me he works 12 hour days and sometimes 7 days a week) So i said come on man, i have been interested for s couple weeks now and you are trying to screw me for this. I also told him the reason it wasnt gone last Sunday was due to him telling me like saturday night at 12 he got called into work. So he then doesnt reply until i emailed him last night. I said i was coming to get the engine this morning. So he emails me back saying that he has to work and he has another buyer. So he screwed me for this setup. I politely asked him if i could pic it up sometime this week. (miss school to get the engine setup) i haven't heard back from him. So i guess he just doesn't want to sell the engine to me. I was so pissed off. *RANT mode off*

so i will be purchasing a shortblock, or block and will build it after christmass. I will still be doing the clevor build but not with this specific engine and a little later. My timeline of aril 2008 is still on.

Sorry for getting you so excited my77, lol.

Quick Reply: * RANT pg. 2*cleavor heads on windsor??? to do or not to do??