5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

calling all vortech blowers owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:41 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

Default calling all vortech blowers owners

hi guys.i need ur help once again.buddy of mine just had an accident and hes parting his car out.he got a vortech 's' trim blower on his car.hes giving me a really good deal on tha blower including all the piping and fitting ,fuel pump and brackets and 42lb/hr injectors.all that for 1900$ !! my question is how much boost can u get outta those s -trim vortechs? he said its just a matter of changing pulley and u can get as much as 14psi boost outta those.is that true? wass the difference between s and t trim blowers.should i go for it or just wait and put my money towards t-trim blower.thanks guys
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: calling all vortech blowers owners

come on guys iam still waiting....where is everyone???
Old 02-18-2005, 03:47 AM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

whats your setup your going to run it on? i dont think youd be asking these questions if your engine was capable of pushing 14 psi of boost. youd be running it on the same type of car as your friends right?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:54 AM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bc_stang

WHY do people put that crap? why dont they wait a while...... not everyone is a loser and online 24-7, expect some time for response..... i see hellaaaaa people asking a question, then posting 3 more times after that with just ??????, what a waste of post.... damn
Old 02-18-2005, 04:15 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

actually iam not thinking about running that high of boost to begine with in my 347 stroker iam building right now.its not done yet,hopefully by may/june it'll be finish.bottom end is all together,everything forged,just saving up to buy afr 185 heads and few other things.
as u can see by my time frame ...iam lil tight on cash right now so was wondering if that blower is worth buying.even though i wont need that much boost right now but who knows in future i might go more then 10psi and that time i dont wanna sell s-trim(if i buy it that is) and move to t-trim.....it would be waste of money then.cuz i always thought the reason ppl opt for t-trim is u cant get much boost outta s-trims.when it comes to vortech blowers,i get so confused.they have somany types..v1,v2,sc and all that.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:17 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

you waited a full hour [sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 02-18-2005, 04:48 AM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

but still man he should chill the f*ck out! hes posted 12 times, he doesnt know whats what on the forums yet. anyways check with vortechs website, it should have a list of the trims with the boost levels. but i wouldnt push a 8 or 9 lb head unit to 14 psi. seems like you should buy the setup for a discounted price without the blower, then buy the head unit elsewhere to match your boost. its the whole setups that are the xpensive part. is it setup for your 302 block or was it for a 4.6?
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

ok stang tang iam so lost..who should chill the fk out? anyways my buddy had it on his 89 coupe. yeah i would do that , i dont think it would be smart to run 8psi unit to make 14 psi and expect it to survive long time.iam gonna see if i can get everything else except the head unit.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:48 PM
nemethjames1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangTangGT

but still man he should chill the f*ck out! hes posted 12 times, he doesnt know whats what on the forums yet. anyways check with vortechs website, it should have a list of the trims with the boost levels. but i wouldnt push a 8 or 9 lb head unit to 14 psi. seems like you should buy the setup for a discounted price without the blower, then buy the head unit elsewhere to match your boost. its the whole setups that are the xpensive part. is it setup for your 302 block or was it for a 4.6?

i dont need to chill the *** out because i wasnt bashing on him... im that was going for EVERYONE who does that crap... and i see alot more than just one person doing it, on a daily basis at that
Old 02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

yea i know but thats not the point, if your doing it for EVERYONE, well everyone is not going to see this thread. back when i joined if someone posted something like that, id probably them to fu*k off and i would never come back. besides who really cares ayway, "a waste of a good post".

ok stang tang iam so lost..who should chill the fk out? anyways my buddy had it on his 89 coupe. yeah i would do that , i dont think it would be smart to run 8psi unit to make 14 psi and expect it to survive long time.iam gonna see if i can get everything else except the head unit.
i wasnt referring to you, but yea see if you can get the setup and buy the head unit seperately, so you can save money, and do it right.

Quick Reply: calling all vortech blowers owners