5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cam clearance

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
SuperFox88
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cam clearance

88 was the old car. I am building a 93 mass air. I am looking for A LOT of low end. I had great power through out the rpm's with my old setup with a stock cam. I know the e cam is great for low end so thats probably what i will go with as long with the 1.7's.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

man... spend the ~200 for 1.7s on something else...

im in the process of putting the valve train in my car... i have an 800$ budget... and i was going to get 1.7s... but w. stock heads... its just not gonna be worth it... u might get a little gain... but their still stock heads

ur getting valve springs right?

e cam has some low/mid range power yea, buddy used to have one in his fox... but there are better cams out there

Old 11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
SuperFox88
1st Gear Member

I made 234 rwhp on a stock motor, stock heads, and a stock cam. I am gonna use the stock heads, just cause it is the way i wanna go. I am wanna go with the 1.7's. I've ran my hole setup idea through a bunch of people and they all say it will work.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
SuperFox88
1st Gear Member

bottom line. E cam with 1.7 roller rockers or F cam with 1.6 roller rockers? I am buying one of the 2 setups
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: SuperFox88

I made 234 rwhp on a stock motor, stock heads, and a stock cam. I am gonna use the stock heads, just cause it is the way i wanna go. I am wanna go with the 1.7's. I've ran my hole setup idea through a bunch of people and they all say it will work.
[align=left][/align]
Of course it'll work...but what are your power goals for your set up?....what do you hope to run???? what is your complete combo???..if they are small then they are right "E" IF YOU HAVE EMISSIONS
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

I made 234 rwhp on a stock motor
, stock heads, and a stock cam. I am gonna use the stock heads, just cause it is the way i wanna go. I am wanna go with the 1.7's. I've ran my hole setup idea through a bunch of people and they all say it will work.
[align=left] [/align]
sorry dude but theres no ****ing way... stock claims 225 AT THE CRANK, your telling me you some how gained hp thru ur drive train? something, actually more then just something is NOT stock...

but w/e man... if ur gonna be that stubborn... "bottom line. e w. 1.7s or f w. 1.6" then you obviously dont need anyone heres opinion... seems like ur idea is set in stone... but pft... what do we know? i mean mjr owns a ****ing shop... and his car runs 11s(right?, if not its faster...) and im doing my cam/valve train RIGHT NOW. and have spend hours upon hours looking into it... but u seem to know what ur doing... flip a coin...let F be heads, and E be tails... i suggest a best outa three
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM
SuperFox88
1st Gear Member

By stock i dont meen that we didn f*** with the motor. I have my ways. I have no reason to bull**** anyone on here. In all reality which one should i choose?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: dimebag

I made 234 rwhp on a stock motor
, stock heads, and a stock cam. I am gonna use the stock heads, just cause it is the way i wanna go. I am wanna go with the 1.7's. I've ran my hole setup idea through a bunch of people and they all say it will work.
[align=left][/align]
sorry dude but theres no ****ing way... stock claims 225 AT THE CRANK, your telling me you some how gained hp thru ur drive train? something, actually more then just something is NOT stock...

but w/e man... if ur gonna be that stubborn... "bottom line. e w. 1.7s or f w. 1.6" then you obviously dont need anyone heres opinion... seems like ur idea is set in stone... but pft... what do we know? i mean mjr owns a ****ing shop... and his car runs 11s(right?, if not its faster...) and im doing my cam/valve train RIGHT NOW. and have spend hours upon hours looking into it... but u seem to know what ur doing... flip a coin...let F be heads, and E be tails... i suggest a best outa three
MY CAR DON'T RUN SHIZ RIGHT NOW!!![:'(][:@].......but yeah Dimebag your right..that's what it did do........she's heartless right now......it's a fred flintstone pedal mobile right now!!!!!! DOA... FTW!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

idk what u say... stock parts... u can play w. timing, fuel pressure, etc etc etc etc all u want... STOCK it wont do that... unless you did some port , ok alota port work... and if thats the case, and ur not telling us ur exact set up, how should we suggest a cam???

dont feel bad mjr, mines apart too, lol
Old 11-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Personally i would not go with a letter cam either....They are alright cams, but you can do better. Research a little bit more. Alphabet cams are "outdated" persay, there are multiple other cams you can go with if you looking to get the most power possible with your setup. Research.

Quick Reply: Cam clearance