5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

water pump compatability (not ford car)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: water pump compatability (not ford car)

the major bolt holes for the SN95 timing cover and the older style are still the same... so dig out your SN95 timing cover, and pop it on there

the only drawback is that it will not have a mechanical fuel pump boss.. so you would have to run an electric
Old 11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
premo

i know that, but this is a budget build...so id prefer to stick mechanical. all i need is that shaft to be a bit shorter to work. does anyone know of perhaps a different pulley with a deaper bell on it?

(im trying to prove a point to the rice community that good HP is alot easier to attainand cheaper from a sm block, hence the budgetlol)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you can buy an electric fuel puimp from a store like Advance Autoparts for less than $50.. I wouldnt consider that "breaking the bank"
Old 11-07-2007, 12:26 PM
premo

fuel pump?! no mate, im talking about the water pump. i already have an electric fuel pump

*points to thread title*
Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: premo

fuel pump?! no mate, im talking about the water pump. i already have an electric fuel pump

*points to thread title*
wow guy, you must be half retarded.. did you even read my last posts... I said "the only difference between the SN95 timing cover, and the standard 302 timing cover (with the exception of the water pump shape) is the fuel pump boss on the side.... if you are running an electric fuel pump, you can still use the SN-95 timing cover on the front sump oil pan

(which means you can use the short SN-95 water pump)

get it this time?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Ok, so the problem is that the water pump pulley isnt lining up with the crank pulley? It wont with the sn95 crank pulley and the fox water pump.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
premo

wow, way to keep it mature with the retarded comment. no wonder ppl talk jive about you guys here...

did you bother to read mine? no kidding it bolts on... and for the umpteenth time, im looking for a bolt on mechanical water pump with a shorter shaft to accomadate my front sump timing cover.. bolt onandnot electric.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM
premo

ORIGINAL: Gary H

Ok, so the problem is that the water pump pulley isnt lining up with the crank pulley? It wont with the sn95 crank pulley and the fox water pump.
exactly. i have a mix/match of parts here..i need to stick with a low profile due to LIMITED space in this vehicle, hence the 94-95 stuff, but i also need a front sump due to crossmember and rack position..

and what does sn95 mean? i assume thats the setup for 94-95? sorry, im not a ford guy here so i dont know all the lingo...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
nyfreakinrican7
2nd Gear Member

and what does sn95 mean? i assume thats the setup for 94-95? sorry, im not a ford guy here so i dont know all the lingo...

Yes SN95 is the body code for those bodystyles
Old 11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: premo

ORIGINAL: Gary H

exactly. i have a mix/match of parts here..i need to stick with a low profile due to LIMITED space in this vehicle, hence the 94-95 stuff, but i also need a front sump due to crossmember and rack position..

YOU CAN USE THE ****ING 94-95 TIMING COVER WITH YOUR FRONT SUMP PAN YOU THICK HEADED *******

Quick Reply: water pump compatability (not ford car)