5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Aluminum flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
rmcclafl
1st Gear Member

Default Aluminum flywheel

I'm getting a new aluminum Zoom flywheel with a 28 oz imbalance (157 tooth) and i was just wanting to make sure that my starter on my94' GT would work with it, anyone know? Also, how strong are they? thanks

edit: it's a 331 stroker motor, not a 302, thats going in
Old 12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Aluminum flywheel

imbalance is wrong... your engine is gonna vibrate.. bad
Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
rmcclafl
1st Gear Member

It's not for the stock motor, its for my 331 stroker, come on man i know its suppost to be 50 oz for the stocker and28oz for 331 or thats whats best, but will that flywheel work with my starter thats what i wanna know
Old 12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

you made no mention of an aftermarket rotating assembly... I just assumed we had another mis-informed member on these pages..

there has been a swarm of new, idiotic member joining lately. Its nice to see one that atleast has a clue.

why dont you compare your stock fly to the new one?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

You should be able too, since I believe the stock flywheel is also a 157 tooth, but don't quote me on that.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

It should work as long as it's for your application...I use fidanza aluminum flywheels which have the removable balance weight for a 28 oz or 50 oz motor and they are at good prices on the internet!!! I paid 250 + 14 in shipping
Old 12-04-2007, 09:15 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

+ 1 on the fidanza aluminum flywheel..i had one on my 03 mach and one on myy 66 fastback...works great!!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
rmcclafl
1st Gear Member

just cause i havent been a member on this site for awhile doesnt mean that i dont know anything, you dont have to bea member of a mustang forums site to be good with a stang do you? last time i checked you didnt have to, i learn most of my **** from books, mymachingguy,and my uncle who has been a mechanic for 25 years, and has rebuilt numerous motors, ive seen people on here that have been members for years say some pretty dumb things that really are not true so i dont believe testing my knowledge is the right thing to do
Old 12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
HemiTCoupe
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmcclafl

just cause i havent been a member on this site for awhile doesnt mean that i dont know anything, you dont have to bea member of a mustang forums site to be good with a stang do you? last time i checked you didnt have to, i learn most of my **** from books, mymachingguy,and my uncle who has been a mechanic for 25 years, and has rebuilt numerous motors, ive seen people on here that have been members for years say some pretty dumb things that really are not true so i dont believe testing my knowledge is the right thing to do
Good Luck! I used to think forums were to help you, and a place to exchange stories and BS.
Some (Most try to help)people do help and know their stuff,some don't have a clue to what the question was, some are A$$ holes, some think your an idiot, this is true no matter what forum site your at. Some forums are just more friendly then others.
I was at a forum and a guy flamed me for something I asked about, he didn't read the same post I wrote, he couldn't have, he had over 10,000 posts, and then he said on his thread, that he had a flat and needed a new tire, the one he had was a 195x70x14, what size tire did he need?
Just ask your questions and you'll learn who to ignore, some just think their to good for anything, some are dumber than a box of rocks! most are in between and are helpful, and want to help.

Pat
Old 12-04-2007, 02:34 PM
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

you made no mention of an aftermarket rotating assembly... I just assumed we had another mis-informed member on these pages..

there has been a swarm of new, idiotic member joining lately. Its nice to see one that atleast has a clue.

why dont you compare your stock fly to the new one?
Yeah, cause anyone that joins a forum to ask questions just needs to go away, and just do it without a clue. Come on, are you serious? There have been a swarm of new people joining to learn how to do things, again, the reason forums are around, to ask questions. Who knows, someday these so called"idiotic members" could answer a question you were asking, like a gasket not working right on RHS heads or something. There is always one nice thing about this place, you can be a complete *** anytime you want.

Quick Reply: Aluminum flywheel