5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How can I find out what Intake manifold I have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:04 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Default How can I find out what Intake manifold I have?

I have a trick flow intake manifold, but I don't know what model it is. The numeration under the top end intake manifold is:

TFS-SBF-EFI-1U
Made in USA

Thats all that it says under the top end intake manifold
Old 03-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How can I find out what Intake manifold I have?

I also want to paint my intake manifold black, its gray color right now and it is painted gray.

Do I need to take off the paint it has now and then repaint it or how can I do that?

Dejavu
Old 03-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Green5pt0
1st Gear Member

I would just call up trick flow and tell them that number, they'll be able to tell you which model you have. Also it would probably be a good idea to strip the old paint since this is a high temp. application, which they have special paint for.
-Green5pt0
Old 03-11-2005, 02:03 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

yeah strip the old and put on new high temp paint
Old 03-11-2005, 03:07 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

try www.trickflow.com
Old 03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
fats429
2nd Gear Member

I bin looking around for you bro.I cant get aney resluts with that part number
Old 03-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Whats up guys!

Yeah I called trickflow today and the guy who need the part numbers wasn't there, so I'll try back tomorrow...

As far as the new valve covers and the studs they had I was talking about- I was able to cut them off, but as I did that I scratched the inner surface, is that a problem? there was like a gray coat of paint or primer or something in the inside and I scratched that so theres bare metal in some area's, will I have a problem with that?

Also- I have a friend at work who's an "artist" and he said he'll paint the manifold for me, we just gotta go to autobuy and get the paint, how hot do upper intakes get?

Thanks alot for everything guys- But theres still the matter of the push rods...if I think they're what I think they are, lol....

The heads have the rocker arms right, and the rocker arms hold down springs right? and connected to the rocker arms there are straight rods right that go into the heads, which are the push rods, right??? Well, I think one of my pushrods is bent, because when I had the valve covers off I touched them, and some of them were very stiff and hard in place( I think those were like that because the springs were pressed down) and otheres were able to move a tiny bit, and one of them i tried to spin inside my index and middle finger and I could turn it, but it turned in a way that it seemed bent, is that a huge issue, and how hard is it to fix that? cause i'd like to fix it now that I have the car apart....

Any help with that would be appreciated alot too!!!

Thanks guys

Dejavu
Old 03-12-2005, 12:16 PM
fats429
2nd Gear Member

NO the rockers dont hold down the springs . The valve has a lock on the top that holds the spring in . your push rods are fine some should move and some should not . the ones that are not moving are pushing the valve oppen . the ones that are moving are on the heel of the cam lobe and at rest . leave them alone and put the valve cover back on your fine unless thare was a reason to address the valve train .

the push rod is the smoth shinney rod that goes from the bottom of the rocker to lifter in the block . the rocker goes from the top of the push rod to the top of the valve spring . the bolt that the rocker is bolted to is the rocker stud

It sounds like you have a after market rockers and are adjustable so dont take them off unless you know how to lash them back up this kind dont just bolt down until the bolt gets tight . if you do just bolt it down the the car wont start and !!!!!!!!!! just don't do it .

JUST PUT THE VALVE CORVER BACK ON
Old 03-12-2005, 12:23 PM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

do you have a pic of the manifolds...cause i've got the track heat. the r-series is pretty easy to tell apart from the other two from TF.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Grrr..I'm trying to see if I can get you guys pics, I need to buy a digital cam so I can post all of that crap.... I thought about what you said too fats, that maybe the ones that were moveable didn't have preassure on them, but the one that i can move around doesn't move around smoothly, its like, lets say you buy a metal rod thats six inches long, and you bend it slightly at the center, then you spin it between your fingers, it spins at an angle because its not straight, thats how the one i'm moving is, it spins funny....and no i don't have stock rocker arms, I have blue 1.6 ratio cobra rocker arms.

Quick Reply: How can I find out what Intake manifold I have?