5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

1991 gt rear end question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
DG124

Default 1991 gt rear end question

Hi, im going to be driving my 1991 mustang gt hatch soon and i like everything about the car except for the rear end, particularly the god awful spoiler.. i cant stand it, it has to go lol. Anyways that being said ive been thinking about getting the GTX rear end by extreme dimensions which can be seen here http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/detai...d=8393CONCEPTX The trunk and rear window is what i am concerned about. Will this work with a hatchback? The rear window is basically the trunk lid as where this looks like its sealing the rear window completly and adding a new trunk lid.

Also i was wondering if anybody had come across any pictures of a fox with this kit.
thx
Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
stanguy306
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 1991 gt rear end question

I think any type of body kit is lame...put some LX tail lights in it and call it a day....bodykits are for honda's.... : ) yes I have one on my car but it will be coming off when I paint it was there when I bought it...lol
Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

That thing is disgusting. Whoever designed it should be shot and thrown in a tank full of hungry sharks.

Get a Cobra wing and a Cobra bumper. www.cervinis.com sells both.

Hatchback and convertible bumpers are the same.
The hatch ends above the taillights just like a convertible's trunk so this awful creation doesnt seal up the trunk or anything like that.

BTW those are the stock taillights on the car in the pics.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM
stanguy306
2nd Gear Member

Yea I cant believe the company actually designed that....some guy actually thought about it and said damn this looks "cool" haha....F...yea do as he said the cobra stuff is cool that what bumper I have on the back of my car but with a stock LX wing....
Old 12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
DG124

I hate when people tell me how my car should look, not everyone is like you, see things like you, or want to be you so keep your own taste, by all means opinions are appreciated just dont tell me how my car should look, also i said i only wanted the rear end and i agree that front end doesnt suit it well..

and ty for answering my question
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

Good luck with that kit. I understand why your upset at ppl telling you it will look like crap-it's your car.It honestly doesn't fit what these cars are about and that's what upsetting. BUT, again,it is your car.

Just be prepared to spend more than you paid for the cover to have it prepped and painted, as kits that are lesser known like are generally lower quality, when compared to a kit like Cervini's. Roughly 4 hour prep time, 4 hour paint, plus clear, and the labor to install it= not worth it. That's what I'd write for one of these with the larger surface area.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

god, that bodykit is terrible......

cant go wrong with cervinis, virtually no prep, fits like a glove, and looks pretty...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:23 AM
PJB
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50Stocker

Good luck with that kit. I understand why your upset at ppl telling you it will look like crap-it's your car.It honestly doesn't fit what these cars are about and that's what upsetting. BUT, again,it is your car.

Just be prepared to spend more than you paid for the cover to have it prepped and painted, as kits that are lesser known like are generally lower quality, when compared to a kit like Cervini's. Roughly 4 hour prep time, 4 hour paint, plus clear, and the labor to install it= not worth it. That's what I'd write for one of these with the larger surface area.
One of my brother's friends bought an aftermarket bumper for his old Focus (now has a Mustang) and when he got it I thought for sure it was made from melted garbage bags. The quality was terrible and there werent any mounting brackets or holes.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 AM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

lol[:'(]

At least you agree with us that the front end looks horrible. Those bodykits look cheap and ugly as hell on mustangs. Especially foxes. They look alot better stock. But that is only 95% of the mustang communities opinion.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudvayne1

lol[:'(]

At least you agree with us that the front end looks horrible. Those bodykits look cheap and ugly as hell on mustangs. Especially foxes. They look alot better stock. But that is only 95% of the mustang communities opinion.
the only "body kits" that look any bit good on a fox are the Cervinis cobra conversion kit, the stalker front bumper and the "saleen" kit they sell, all others are crap and a waste of time....

Quick Reply: 1991 gt rear end question