5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

electrical/computer ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default electrical/computer ??

well im hopin u electrically gifted guys can help me out...i know joel will probably chime in so heres the question...did my 5speed swap this fall..and as some said the computer didnt like it...i picked up a T4MO computer for cheap and im gonna hook it up...my question is..its not just a plug n go is it?..i mean i know the connector should hook up fine..but right now its set up to still run the starter relay circuit thru the range sensor for the auto..i dont actually have the clutch safety switch wired up...meanin i can start it in gear..so when i put the new computer in am i going to have to wire up the clutch switch? and will that render my ranger sensor, which at the moment is plugged in and wired out of the way, useless? i wont be doin mine till next spring when i get the car out...but im doin my friends this weekend and id like to know what i have to do to get his done cuz he has a T4MO comptuer to try too..so any answers help alot thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: electrical/computer ??

2. Replace auto ECM for a manual ECM

[ul][*]Transmission "load signal" will not be generated, unless you wire a neutral switch to the clutch pedal and to the correspondent MLPS pin at the ECM (pin #30).[/ul]
well i found this...but im not exactly sure what the "load signal" is...i really hope joel sees this thread in the next day cuz i imagine he could answer my question
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
95stang5.0
3rd Gear Member

I dono buddy. We might be just trial and error.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:54 AM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

bump for morning n mid-day guys
Old 12-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Yellow50

2. Replace auto ECM for a manual ECM [ul][*]Transmission "load signal" will not be generated, unless you wire a neutral switch to the clutch pedal and to the correspondent MLPS pin at the ECM (pin #30).[/ul]
well i found this...but im not exactly sure what the "load signal" is...i really hope joel sees this thread in the next day cuz i imagine he could answer my question
The system ID's load in many ways, the transmission type + its state (in-neutral/in-gear) is one of the inputs the system uses in its load calculations (VSS, TPS rate of change, MAF are other examples).........Since the SN95 is "Load Based" in it's strategy, and you don't have an aftermarket tuner to change the "Transmission Load Type" scalar to cancel the effect of having the neutral switch in a permanent "in-neutral" condition, you need to wire a clutch pedal switch so the system reacts to the transmission status change.

This is why I recommend going with an aftermarket tuner in SN95 setups (Tweecer, Moates, etc), you don't have to mess with the wiring + you gain full control of the tuning for future upgrades + it won't limit the alternatives to select from in other components (camshafts, intakes, etc). I'm working on a SC SN95 with a C6 transmission (it was AODE originally), Comp 2040 cam, Performer heads, Holley lower intake and Cartech upper....... and we were able to set the system to work with a permanent "in-neutral" condition (jumper wire in MLP connector) w/out affecting load calculations, idle control, etc.