5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What does it take....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What does it take....

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

So what you're saying is that I'm supposed to offer advice in every thread I post in. And btw, you jacking this thread by questioning me isn't helping the O/P either.

The point here is, if someone doesn't have anything useful to offer in the tech section when someone is asking for help, don't bother posting.
Answered your own question. I offered information in the post that I made there for I didn't "jack" anything. You're making a big deal out of nothing.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

So what you're saying is that I'm supposed to offer advice in every thread I post in. And btw, you jacking this thread by questioning me isn't helping the O/P either.

The point here is, if someone doesn't have anything useful to offer in the tech section when someone is asking for help, don't bother posting.
Answered your own question. I offered information in the post that I made. You're making a big deal out of nothing.
That was not directed at you. I can read and saw what you posted. Thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

No it wasn't but this was; "you jacking this thread by questioning me isn't helping the O/P either". Which is saying I wasn't providing any useful info. The point I was making is I agree with you that the guy's post was useless but replying to him with "Wow really? that was a helpful post! Can't wait for you to ask aquestion." wasn't really any more useful then his.

We've gone waaay of topic now. Didn't mean to do so. Again I was just twisting your leg a bit.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:01 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Fixed, no hard feelings

Now back to the topic at hand!!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

Fixed, no hard feelings

Now back to the topic at hand!!

Hardly fixed, you deleted the post that acutally had information and left the ones that were useless.[:@]

Anyways, again as I said before, boost would probably be your cheapest way into the 12's. Pick up a vortech/paxton kit with some injectors, fuel pump, tune, gears, and full exhaust. That will get you the power you need to get deep into the 12's. Some suspension mods/tires would also help your launch and make the car easier to drive.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Either a Head/cam/intake swap or a supercharger both with supporting mods, gears, and a sticky tire should have either of those combos well into the 12s with a good tune. Some minor suspension stuff would do a lot for you also.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

some ported gt40 heads , with a trickflow or eblbroic intake mani, custom cam would be running aroound that
Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

A decent h/c/i set-up, drag radials, gears, supporting modifications.

MAF, throttle body, exhaust.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 AM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

since i have seen my buddy do it, he has a 95 gt vert, ported intake, vortec at 14psi and 4.10's and a 4r70w run a 12.3, he ran out of rpms and had to let off some at the end.
now hes got a set of tf heads and it will be crazy fast.

the stock bottom end can hold 400rwhp if the tune is real good. if you detonate, its history.

cheapest route, just get a supercharger and supporting mods like maf, injectors, sticky tires, subframes, gears, and suspension.

or you get the supporting mods and build a stroker motor, maby not the cheapest vs hp per dollar, but 12.9 is very obtainable with a 331 and even easier with a 347.

get a set of (list of good heads right here) trick flow twisted wedge, edelbrock rpm, afr 185's, canfield's, and RHS.
get a cam that will suite your powerband needs, i chose a XE270HR-14 for my 331.
heres your intake choices: edelbrock rpm 2, holly (which ever the series is, i forget off the top of y head) and the trickflow track heat, a cobra intake would work, but really would need to be ported.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

i would go with a nice h/c/i, thats what im doing and i plan on getting into the high 12s with suspension and the h/c/i, running around 275-300rwhp on gt40 stuff.

Quick Reply: What does it take....