5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:29 PM
roush32

Default RE: Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

On my 89 notch

.97-.99 is the sweet spot for good acceleration. It was at .89 and acted sluggish from a standstill and surging.

That range is way too wide to be saying we can set it anywhere in that field. It dont work out dude, Im staying at that voltage, I dont ever want that slow responsiveness, again from that lower voltage.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roush32

On my 89 notch

.97-.99 is the sweet spot for good acceleration. It was at .89 and acted sluggish from a standstill and surging.

That range is way too wide to be saying we can set it anywhere in that field. It dont work out dude, Im staying at that voltage, I dont ever want that slow responsiveness, again from that lower voltage.
What can I say...........

Old 03-20-2008, 06:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

honestly..this thread is stupidas long as the tps is set to factory recommended spec...and the car runs fine .It doesn't really matter why you believe you set it to a certain spec...heck you put your tooth under your pillow thinking it was the tooth fairy who took the tooth and gave you a dollar in return when in fact it was dear ole mom and dad......fact of the matter is what mom and dad told you to do served it's purpose. CARB FTW!! THERE YA GO NO TPS NEEDED
Old 03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
roush32

What is your voltage at on your fox?!

I seriously think if you are beelow .97 volts, you need to set it higher, & enjoy the increased acceleration, not the granny type feeling.

Ive seen alot of books that show the range for the Check Engine Light to not come on, and setting the TPS, .

I would also get a picture up of your car, and change those 2:73 gears, or did you mean to type 3:73 instead?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
roush32

Ill tell you something else dude, if your hitting 5,000 rpms at Wide Open throttle, and want more rpm's, this may sound wierd, but set your TPS voltage higher, then floor it and watch you're now in the red zone.

Someone needs to fix this mess, the 5.0 is not slow, its the dam electronics controlling it, and settings.

At like 1.1 the car will idle HIGH AND SURGE randomly
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

I can't explain what you think you saw with the tps settings...
I have messed with the tps myself... before I knew any better...

To tell people to spend their time setting the tps to .99v in order to fix an idle issue is WRONG.
You are wasting their time!!!!!!!!!

I will try to post a link directly to the GUFB document. This is the 'Instruction Manual' used by Ford ecu programmers for the Fox body Mustangs (A9*, X3Z, etc.)
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/files/GUFB.pdf

I would post the excerpt myself, but I just don't have the time right now.

If you can find something in this document that proves how 'idle surge' will be affected by the tps being .97v compared to 1.05v
then I will...... Nevermind... you won't find anything like that.

But please do try to prove me wrong...

It took a while, but you guys have finally responded to the issue.
Thank you [8D]

jason
Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

BUT...... all this stupid BS could've been avoided............ like mjr said: this thread is stupid.

It's called an IDLE SETTING PROCEDURE........ and part of this process is setting the tps voltage, in order to fix an idle problem, you'd wanna make sure the voltage indicates factory setting Voltage. .99

So, I'm NOT saying it'll fix ur idle problem.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 AM
roush32

Aint no probable error, those guys imply for one thing, and got another.

They wrote a map and told you about it, you believed them- LOLY POP For the Licking

Ford does not chose the brightest of individuals to work for them, thats why we are now with the 4.6.

I suspect foul play here. You say the ecm was set to do one thing and they do another.

Again, .99 ftw, it was not stickied cause of a mystery, it was from real hand experience of foxbody owners doing different voltage setting within the allowed table from all over the USA and agreeing on that voltage.

Go out to your fox and set your TPS on the low end, ie . .80 volts, let us know how it works out. They dont make adjustable TPS sensors for nonthin man.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

wtf...... ur not talkin sense
this discussion should've already been over......

u are just one person who DOESN"T know what their talking about........(no offense) but theirs a big difference if yo've following ford's retarded set-up

like i said,,,,,,,,,,,,,, folllow mjr's influence......................................... ..........this thread is ****ing retarded........ and HE said just set it at FACTORY settings............ theirs nothing ****in too it.......

i'm drunk and i'm confident in sayin..... "go to hell"
Old 03-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

There is no such thing as an "idle setting procedure"..... a "base idle setting procedure"?..... yep, but they are totally different things.

Quick Reply: Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread