5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Noob question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Noob question

ORIGINAL: TRexGAWD

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

The hatch release and fuel door release were options, that's why some have them and some dont. Tell your boss if he has the hatch release button that the ignition must be on. As far as the fuel door i'm not sure if ignition must beon. Real cars dont use the fuel door anyway, we open the hatch and fill our aluminum cell's .
Hmmm, are you sure about that. I don't need the ignition on to open my trunk. Maybe on the hatch you do but not on notch's or verts.
Yes, on the hatch you have to unless it's been by-passed somehow.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

The hatch release and fuel door release were options, that's why some have them and some dont. Tell your boss if he has the hatch release button that the ignition must be on. As far as the fuel door i'm not sure if ignition must beon. Real cars dont use the fuel door anyway, we open the hatch and fill our aluminum cell's .
Hmmm, are you sure about that. I don't need the ignition on to open my trunk. Maybe on the hatch you do but not on notch's or verts.
Yes, on the hatch you have to unless it's been by-passed somehow.
Hmmm, I learn something new everyday. I didn't know that about the hatch, cool.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
sultan68
2nd Gear Member

no sir, mine opens with ignition off anyway
my hatch has to have the ignition on though
Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: apedosmil

they made fuel door release for a certain number of years on the foxesbecause it was the time of the fuel strike and people were syphoning gas from cars. Wouldn't be suprised if it happend again in the next few years.
idk, youd have to be pretty damn desperate to syphone gas.... i guess now a days they make pumps and such, but what if you got cought?

its really not that easy to make up an excuse hahaha
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

SEVERAL years ago it used to be a common practice.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

they made fuel door release for a certain number of years on the foxesbecause it was the time of the fuel strike and people were syphoning gas from cars. Wouldn't be suprised if it happend again in the next few years.

I really doubt that was the reason, and also, now they use anti siphon devices in the filler neck, not a locking fuel door to prevent this.

So now the trend is to punchopen a hole in these plastic gas tanks some cars trucks ad vans are equiped with and drain the gas into a pan.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

I really doubt that was the reason, and also, now they use anti siphon devices in the filler neck, not a locking fuel door to prevent this.

So now the trend is to punchopen a hole in these plastic gas tanks some cars trucks ad vans are equiped with and drain the gas into a pan.
speaking from experence eh???
Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 302army187

ORIGINAL: cleanfitty

speaking from experence eh???
LOL!

If you go to any Chebby dealership, you'll se several punched open gas tanks out back (typically from full size vans as they are higher up from the ground and can hold more gas)
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Both my hatch and notch required power on. Someone might have changed the wiring on yours?