5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

No oil in valve cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Default RE: No oil in valve cover?

Yeah i did that drill test last night and no oil came up at all... Im going to do it again today and look under the passanger side valve cover to see if its getting oil over there. If not i guess i will go ahead and order me a hi volume oil pump or something.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: TrAb

Yeah i did that drill test last night and no oil came up at all... Im going to do it again today and look under the passanger side valve cover to see if its getting oil over there. If not i guess i will go ahead and order me a hi volume oil pump or something.
did you spin the drill counter clockwise/in reverse???
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

I did it clockwise, should i try it in reverse?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yes cause that is the order of the firing order and how the dizzy spins retest and post result and make sure pan is full of oil = 5 qts
Old 05-03-2008, 11:53 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Aight guys will do, i get home around 4 or so. Anyways im going to run over to advanced or autozone and see if they have a hi flow pump in stock for me to slap on. I shouldent have to do anything special should i with the new oil pump, heard something about the strokers having troubles not sure why?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Aight guys will do, i get home around 4 or so. Anyways im going to run over to advanced or autozone and see if they have a hi flow pump in stock for me to slap on. I shouldent have to do anything special should i with the new oil pump, heard something about the strokers having troubles not sure why?
did you bother try spinning oil pump driveshaft counterclock wise yet??slapping a pump on without doing what I said would be a waste cause clockwise is the wrong direction..of course it did nothing!!! you were spinning it the wrong way. you need to verify 100 percent that's the prob.....that's like trying to blow through a straw and then wonder why you didn't get a mouth full of water with the straw completely immersed in the cup
Old 05-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Boosted5.slow
1st Gear Member

You think you can just slap an oil pump in. Your are in For a fun weekend lol
I havent tryed it but removeing the oil pan while the motor is still in the car to get to the oil pump.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:34 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Yeah ive got the motor mounts off and im going to be jacking up the engine shortly...
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Yeah ive got the motor mounts off and im going to be jacking up the engine shortly...
hmmm that's nice..guess you never bothered to try spin the oil pump in the right direction??[&:]..good luck with it and most likely the pan won't come all the way out even with motor jacked all the way so getting to oil pump bolts will be fun as well as pick up
Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

I did it clockwise, should i try it in reverse?
It helps when you spin it the proper way lol

Quick Reply: No oil in valve cover?