5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

complete rebuild..stroker kit or not?and best and cheapest palce to order from

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:13 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: complete rebuild..stroker kit or not?and best and cheapest palce to order from

well thats my reason the wrist pin issue. my motors most likely built. after getting my old flywheel resufaced and a t5 with gears put in and all the drama i found out my flywheel is balance to my motor. so im going to geuss my motor is built. its faster than any stock 5.0 i had driven to this point. and my low comp when away with oil, meaning my valves leak.so i think im goint to get new heads and call it done with this car. and move on to a new fox to beat on. this one is my favorite and i really dont wanna drive it all the time, or race it. so i need a track car.but i can get blocks for cheap outa lincolns and the vert needs a new motor, so theres a buildable core there. im just not wanting to mess with this one. im 140psi all the way around after squirting oil in the cylinders
ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

think of it like this...331 is the same bore as 347,
the 302 has 3.00 in stroker, 331 has 3.25 stroke, thats said to be not too hard on the block and reliable, a 347 has 3.4 stroke, how much more can that hurt really?
piston ring and the wrist pin issue, i have a 331, the srp pistons have a oil support rail b/c they intersect...
Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: complete rebuild..stroker kit or not?and best and cheapest palce to order from

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

well thats my reason the wrist pin issue. my motors most likely built. after getting my old flywheel resufaced and a t5 with gears put in and all the drama i found out my flywheel is balance to my motor. so im going to geuss my motor is built. its faster than any stock 5.0 i had driven to this point. and my low comp when away with oil, meaning my valves leak.so i think im goint to get new heads and call it done with this car. and move on to a new fox to beat on. this one is my favorite and i really dont wanna drive it all the time, or race it. so i need a track car.but i can get blocks for cheap outa lincolns and the vert needs a new motor, so theres a buildable core there. im just not wanting to mess with this one. im 140psi all the way around after squirting oil in the cylinders

the 302 has 3.00 in stroker, 331 has 3.25 stroke, thats said to be not too hard on the block and reliable, a 347 has 3.4 stroke, how much more can that hurt really?
piston ring and the wrist pin issue, i have a 331, the srp pistons have a oil support rail b/c they intersect...
The wrist pin intersecting is not an "issue", build it correctly and it will work, and provide years of service w/out any problems besides, if that is an "issue", you could use 5.315" rods and 1.175" compression height pistons and the 3.4" stroke crankshaft...... the pin doesn't intersect the oil ring groove with that alternative.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

adding oil to the cylinders, and getting better compression... shows that you RINGS are leaking.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 AM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

+1 what adder said.