5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nitrous on a stock fox DD

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 AM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous on a stock fox DD

Nitrous will put a smile on your face!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going to hurt your car just install it correctly and you will be very happy.......trust me.!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86302gt

you make a good point but the saleen focus had nitrous factory lol ya if i was him i would get some paint susp and h/i/c then worry about fi that would be the safest thing to do n/a is alwae going to be safer
Got a link?

Nitrous is nice, until something goes wrong.

It reminds me of watching lightning.

It sure is cool, until it hits you!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:56 PM
foxGT93

will my 93' fox be ok with a little nitrous?? ive read that the 93 5.0's do not have forged pistons, they have that other type, the H word, i cant think of it lol...
Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
88fox50
1st Gear Member

ok guys, i now have the paint... and just got a line on new rims and it has new tires already. so heres what im thinkin...

trick flow makes a top end combo... http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail....p;autoview=sku

i know everyone has their favorites when it comes to heads, cams and so on... but tho i can get around a motor fairly well i am no seasoned vet.....so with that said, what are the problems with buying a kit like this...or could i get lucky and be pretty pleased....just sounds to easy to me

Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

wow... 2 much voodo 4 me

any of u fools looking to buy a bridge anywhere in brooklyn ? i have 10 for sale ???? cheap 2

88fox50, imo you should paint it, get gears , tires, and nitrous...that'll prob take up $3k and you'll be looking good and running 12's

to everyone saying how nitrous will blow your car up and rape your mother and baby sister... you need to get a clue

foxgt93, don't sweat the hyper pistons, 100 shot or less is perfectly safe , and thats being fairly lenient

i've actually sprayed 3 bone stock motors , all over 100k, and never 1 single problem 2 at 75/80 and 1 at 100

now to give you something to think about... how much time per mile of driving do you squirt ?.... now... how much time per mile of driving of would you see increased cylinder pressure w/ a turbo or blower ?

still wanna tell me how harmful nitrous is ? nitrous doesn't hurt anything, broken **** gets more broke w/ nitrous... just like it would increasing your hp by anything else that added 100 more

there is absolutely no difference whatsoever by adding oxygen chemically to the combustion chamber as opposed to doing it mechanically, whether forced or by cubic inches
if you thin kthere is... please by all means... debate it

but you will be wrong , i'd still like to hear it though

Old 05-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

5spd GT, you make a great debate. Are you a lawyer by chance?
If not you'd make a good one.

As for real world. I'd have to agree with 86302GT 100%.

For real day to day driving. The kit is OFF or even not have the bottle in the car. Time to race or hit the track. Fill the bottle and spray away.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
93stallion302
3rd Gear Member

I agree with BOB, im much happier having Nitrous on my DD than anything else, its just a normal everyday car off the bottle. Which is a good thing. then when i need it the flick of a switch will fix that all. Im runnning a 125 on my 93 and its doiing fine, actually took it to the track this weekend and hot lapped the car four times and nothin broke or went wrong. Do it safely and you have nothin to worry about.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Boosted5.slow
1st Gear Member

I also have stock bottom end. And run 150shot all day long. It says dont exceed more then 175 shot due to the stock fule rails.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Boosted5.slow
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

wow... 2 much voodo 4 me

any of u fools looking to buy a bridge anywhere in brooklyn ? i have 10 for sale ???? cheap 2

88fox50, imo you should paint it, get gears , tires, and nitrous...that'll prob take up $3k and you'll be looking good and running 12's

to everyone saying how nitrous will blow your car up and rape your mother and baby sister... you need to get a clue

foxgt93, don't sweat the hyper pistons, 100 shot or less is perfectly safe , and thats being fairly lenient

i've actually sprayed 3 bone stock motors , all over 100k, and never 1 single problem 2 at 75/80 and 1 at 100

now to give you something to think about... how much time per mile of driving do you squirt ?.... now... how much time per mile of driving of would you see increased cylinder pressure w/ a turbo or blower ?

still wanna tell me how harmful nitrous is ? nitrous doesn't hurt anything, broken **** gets more broke w/ nitrous... just like it would increasing your hp by anything else that added 100 more

there is absolutely no difference whatsoever by adding oxygen chemically to the combustion chamber as opposed to doing it mechanically, whether forced or by cubic inches
if you thin kthere is... please by all means... debate it

but you will be wrong , i'd still like to hear it though

lol i wish i read this before i replyed last. ITs true my bodys 5.0 cobra he sprayed that thing down the track 150 shot fogger, Pucking oil out the timing cover and everywhere else with tons of miles on it. And as long as he kept the oil up in it he made it home safetly he most bolt ons and 150 shot and ran in the mid 12's. Its a great investment.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

I want to state that I never said that nitrous will absolutely kill the engine or it isnot able to be worked with.

I have my preference for a true daily driver and I have stated it.

I would rather introduce lots of air, than an explosive fuel additive, like N20.

Quick Reply: nitrous on a stock fox DD