5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Converting everything!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
xxxmustangtxhc
2nd Gear Member

Default Converting everything!!!!!!

Ok my girl has a 85 gt going to make it like like a 90-93 the only problem i have in the convertion is Quarter windowsis therespecialway to change them out? i know there a bit differentand most of the bolts bolt up. has anyone done this before?

changed
interior: dash carpet seats headliner wiring harness clutch pedals
motor: e cam 1.7 cobra rr,ported gt-40heads typhoon intake efi everything

Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Converting everything!!!!!!

i am pretty sure they go in fine. the louvered looking part is part of the window as well
Old 07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
86whitepony
2nd Gear Member

WARNING: if you change the four eye clip to the aero nose style, you automaticly are GAY and will be br futher shunned by the four eye owners of america for being a complete douche bag and a half

otherwise interior things are ok
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

I own an aero and love it. I also love the 4 eyed models. I would never convert a 4 eye to an aero but i would convert an aero to a 4. BTW, your girl loses big time points for this. But atleast its still a Mustang.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

dont discrace the 4 eye..... the 4 eye is awesome, while i love my aero nose.... i would love a 4 eye fox they get more looks cause it's not common as dirt like the aero nose[:'(]
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
xxxmustangtxhc
2nd Gear Member

yea i know i tryed to talk he out of it but it was a no win battle!!! i like the 4 eyes to but got to keep the girl happy i guess!!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

show her this thread and EVERY other 4eye to aero conversion. IT IS RETARDED

but... IF you must... here is the long list of things u will have to do that i know of:

front clip/bumper, lights, hood, ford badge, fender extentions....

now, if you are going to the aero GT look you are going to have to change ALL the door moldings, quarter extentions, rear bumper, skirts

wooo by the end of this, you would have spent more money than getting a 4cyl aero and swapping the motor over... :/

FAIL!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:38 AM
xxxmustangtxhc
2nd Gear Member

no just a lx
i have all of that
i had a donor 92 car in the back yard,
we where going to build her motor forged internals gt40 heads E cam and typhoon intake, but it all started with the question " Can you change the front clip to look like a 87-93?" i was the stupid one that said "Yea" With no hesitaion!! and then another question came "What about the dash?" and of course i said yea agian.

But after that i was trying to talk her out of it! That didnt go so well
Old 07-03-2008, 12:23 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

it CAN be done but it'd be a pain in the a$$ cause even if you were changing it to a lx style you have to change all the mouldings, figure out what wires are the correct ones for the high and low beams on the aero nose since the 4 eye has seperate low beam lights and a set of high beam lights, which is alot of cutting and splicing. the dash... im not sure about, never tried connecting the aero cluster into the 4 eye dash.... they may have different connectors on the back of the cluster, you'd have to redo the e-brake since the 4 eye is centered in the console and the aero is offset to the right, i know that cause i tried using a 4 eye handle in my 88 didnt fit [:'(]. run estensions on the cigar lighter since 4 eye is in front of the shifter and aero is by the e-brake. the quarter windows on the 85 -86 are cool as hell i'd rather have those... but you need the moulding off the door and around the top of the door, the aero sticks out and isnt inset like the 4 eye

just show her the thread and how big a pain in the a$$ it'd be, so might as well do what was said above, grab a 4 banger or something and drop the carbed motor in it
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
xxxmustangtxhc
2nd Gear Member

mostley every thing is done converting took about 3 days but its getting there dash is in motors in just quater windows ws the question

Quick Reply: Converting everything!!!!!!