5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Rear window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Vistablue5.0

Default Rear window louvers

Tried to search but I kept getting a msg claiming no results. Even did a search for headers & distributor and got same msg. Not sure what that's about.

Anyhow... Just bought a set of NOS Ford rear window louvers for my 93gt and was wondering if anyone else has these. I haven't received them yet but in the description (ebay)it says I'll need to drill some holes to mount them. These were optional equiptment on these cars and I didn't think I would need to drill into my hatch to mount them. Was hoping someone that has these OEM louvers on their gt could give me some insight. Can show auction I won if it would help.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 05:25 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Default RE: Rear window louvers

They were not OEM on all mustangs. It was just an option. I have seen only a few. Plus I think it is ugly anyway. Just take your time when installing them to be sure to get it straight.

Oh and yea the search option on here hasn't worked in awhile.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
1SICK86COUPE
1st Gear Member

I HAD THEM ON MY 86 BUT I TOOK THEM OFF AND YES YOU DO NEED TO DRILL HOLES TO THE HATCH THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO PUT THEM ON.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Vistablue5.0

ORIGINAL: projectresto83

They were not OEM on all mustangs. It was just an option. I have seen only a few. Plus I think it is ugly anyway. Just take your time when installing them to be sure to get it straight.

Oh and yea the search option on here hasn't worked in awhile.
I didn't say they were OEM on all mustangs. I said they were optional oem equiptment. I just figured since they were on option there would be some other way to mount them besides drilling holes into my freshly painted 5.0. If anyone has these on their ride could they post of pic for me how they mount? Not sure if I want a big ugly bracket drilled into the hatch for all to see. Should have bought the aftermarket set that requires no drillling.Is the bracket really visable??

I'm new to the site so I wasn't aware about the search function. I was a member of Mustang-forums.com but it sucked. There are only about 6 members that use it so I googled and found this one. Seems to have a lot of members.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I would say just don't put them on. No holes needed to be drilled for that lol.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1SICK86COUPE

I HAD THEM ON MY 86 BUT I TOOK THEM OFF AND YES YOU DO NEED TO DRILL HOLES TO THE HATCH THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO PUT THEM ON.
hasn't everyone said to turn the caps lock off...........

anyway. if you want those louvers, i always felt they have their place, hardly ever see them cause alot of people dont like them but to each his own right? you will need to drill the holes [:@], i was messing with one one time and it had louvers stamped with the ford logo on the back somewhere. just set them up on the car first to be SURE you want them on there, cause if you just install them without checking it out first... then you have holes to fill in [&:]
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Vistablue5.0

ORIGINAL: projectresto83

I would say just don't put them on. No holes needed to be drilled for that lol.
Gee, thanks for all your help

I didn't ask if you liked them. I do and that's all that counts. Was simply asking about the mounting of them.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Vistablue5.0

ORIGINAL: redpony88

ORIGINAL: 1SICK86COUPE

hasn't everyone said to turn the caps lock off...........

anyway. if you want those louvers, i always felt they have their place, hardly ever see them cause alot of people dont like them but to each his own right? you will need to drill the holes [:@], i was messing with one one time and it had louvers stamped with the ford logo on the back somewhere. just set them up on the car first to be SURE you want them on there, cause if you just install them without checking it out first... then you have holes to fill in [&:]
I will be certain to set them on and check it out before I take a drill bit to my new paint. I'm not certain if I"ll like them. I seen them on a 88 gt a long time ago and that was the only pair I"ve seen in person installed. I thought they looked great but that was about 10 years ago. Plus they were the aftermarket setup.

Still interested in pics if anyone has these.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 PM
redpony88
4th Gear Member

cool, be sure to put up some pics of it in the gen discussion section when it's done if you put it on. i thought about getting some myself before on my 88 gt