5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

f$$$in codes help me out

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default f$$$in codes help me out

hey there so i ahve built many big ,small block carb motors and this isnt my first stang , but it is my first stang that i have totally altered the motor and drive train and i am having troubles.

the car will idle but not worth a crap , it will idle somewhat when it is cold and havent started it for a day or so.

and when i drive it it wants to die almost everytime that i push in the clutch when coming to a stop or rev high and just push the clutch in?

and when i drive it and then go back out to drive again after its warmed up it will start up and hunt for a idle 1500-500 and then proceed to die if i dont tap the gas to get it to level out i have recleaned tb,iac valve rechecked vacumn lines and such . and the iac,maf are used but in like new shape and yes 30 lb injectors and maf cal. to the same it says.

and i just ran a koeo test and these are the numbers i got
47- ?
81-air diverter solenoid circuit fault =i have eliminated all smog crap =so what is this ?
82-?
85-canister purge solenoid fault=i no longer have the canister on the car
84-egr vacumn regulator= i have one of those plugs that tricks the egr is open?
67-book says either neutral pressure switch,clutch circuit failure/ is that why when i push it in it wants to die?

and only one it says for continous
29-insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor or insuff. input from programmable speedometer/odometer module?

what the hell is going on can anyone define some of these codes better for me like i say i have done countless carb motors and i am about to swap this mother over to a carb setup if i cant get this crap figured out i have tryed to reset the battery and reset the idle many times but always leads to the same. help me please[8D]
Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: f$$$in codes help me out

also it has developed a bad breakup when i get on it hard and it reaches 3000-4000 it just likes shuts off and dies in power not really dies and shuts off i just have to get off the gas and get back on slowly?

i set the tps to .999 with key on and idling thats right right? i am losing my patients with it again........[:@]
Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

try setting the idle with the IAC unhooked and leave it that way. Have you set the TPS yet? you can also try clocking the mass air someturn it in the tube with the sensor at 12 or 3 or 9. o'clock positions.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

i tryed to set the idle with the iac unplugged and i set it turned off the car and then tryed to start it again and it would not start again with the iac unplugged...?

and yes i have clocked the maf and no difference is there a way to check the maf ?with a voltmeter or..?
Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

set the TPS voltage lower

I still dont understand you guys and your mythical .98v crap
Old 08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

set the TPS voltage lower

I still dont understand you guys and your mythical .98v crap

Codes 67 and 29 are the ones to correct. I would also repeat a KOEO since code 47 is not a "valid" KOEO for the Mustang EEC. LUK
Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

so what are your suggestions on those 2 codes joel?

and so what should i set the tps at then...?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

dont set the TPS. it doesn't matter where you set it, the computer takes over from wherever it is.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

^^^^ uhh what?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

its incredibly complicated to try and explain ECU strategies, just trust me when i say, it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: f$$$in codes help me out