5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Help with Hooking!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
87lxBlackWidow
1st Gear Member

Default Help with Hooking!!!

Can i get some input for ya'll on my best rout to go for traction out of the hole? Im slidding all the way into third and its killing me! I know a good set of tires (pending on street or strip) are critical but suspension wise, whats my best bet?

Part numbers and names would be greatly appreciated. Thank's.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

this is a pretty awesome set up right here. strange engineering adj shocks/struts eibach pro drag springs, hotchkis CC plates, i also have UPR upper and lower control arms, sub frame connectors, 3.73 gears(pending install), TQ box reinforcements(pending install) and some MT e/t streets(on back order). this is a receipee for cuttin 1.5 60's

that or maybe gernading my T5

to give you an idea this all cost approx 1700 dollars all new(give or take a hundred)

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 09-17-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

depends on your power and horsepower levels....near stock, weld torque boxes and a set of slicks will do wonders....if you have some good power fivepointohh nailed it
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by roostracing
depends on your power and horsepower levels....near stock, weld torque boxes, sub frame connectors and a set of slicks will do wonders....if you have some good power fivepointohh nailed it

fixed

subframes on these uni body cars are one of those "best bang for your buck" mods
Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
this is a pretty awesome set up right here. strange engineering adj shocks/struts eibach pro drag springs, hotchkis CC plates, i also have UPR upper and lower control arms, sub frame connectors, 3.73 gears(pending install), TQ box reinforcements(pending install) and some MT e/t streets(on back order). this is a receipee for cuttin 1.5 60's

that or maybe gernading my T5

to give you an idea this all cost approx 1700 dollars all new(give or take a hundred)
I just got a chubby!!!

However, I put a set of full slicks on my wifes basically stock vert. Shaved about 7 tenths of her times.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by PRO50SC
I just got a chubby!!!

However, I put a set of full slicks on my wifes basically stock vert. Shaved about 7 tenths of her times.
i wish i had a tube K member(like yours) w/ Arm's that have spring perchs so i can keep my set up and toss out my old crappy rusty nasty horribly massivly ridiculously heavy POS k memeber
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
5.0kid
5th Gear Member

i wish i had a tube K member(like yours) w/ Arm's that have spring perchs so i can keep my set up and toss out my old crappy rusty nasty horribly massivly ridiculously heavy POS k memeber
I fell you on that one I can almost get a tire off the ground but i need less weight up front damn k members can run into the 700+ range with all the parts you need for them like coil overs and stuff
Old 09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Yeah, had I known then what I know now, I would have gotten the k-member and a arms w/ perches to retain my stock springs and great ride. Too late now, live and learn.

K-member and a arms are like 450.00. Not to hateful.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i really like the UPR kit but they dont have the proper A arms to go with it. can you link me to a good site with tube k member that also sells arms with perches. i'm goin for broke on this suspension!

or can you just buy the k member, bump steer kit and bolt up your old A arms?

Last edited by FivePointOhh; 09-17-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

i really like the UPR kit but they dont have the proper A arms to go with it. can you link me to a good site with tube k member that also sells arms with perches. i'm goin for broke on this suspension!

or can you just buy the k member, bump steer kit and bolt up your old A arms?
This is where I bought my stuff from.
http://paracing.com/product_info.php...bb9090e9d560ab

If you are seriously considering them, let me know and I'll pm you the contact info for the guy I bought it from. I was the only one that took the time to answer all my questions about the products. I guess he really wanted the sale. Plus I had a few other ppl that used these parts recommend the PA Racing stuff.

Quick Reply: Help with Hooking!!!