5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Machine Age Victim

Unhappy Need help quick

I was in a parking lot last night hanging out with some buddies (no work on turkey day ftw!) when we started getting into a discussion about power braking and burnouts. One guy said he does it all the time and I said I'd like to see him try (it had been raining so the ground was wet everywhere). So he jumps in his car and starts reving like crazy, meanwhile I'm thinking "shouldn't he be in drive?" when all of the sudden he pops it into drive, his car leaps forward and he hydroplanes while turning to avoid our cars. Of course he hit my car. Anyways my wheels were turned towards the curb from when I parked and he ended up pushing me up onto the curb. Other than that he dinged my left front fender and scratched my chrome bumper a bit and then my tire deflated cuz he knocked it off the beed or w.e.. Needless to say my metal bumper ate his fiberglass POS for lunch =] His car lost its front left headlight and messed up the hood and the front bumper as well as the fender.

So since it was in a parking lot the cop said he couldn't write a ticket and we were each responsible for our own damage. So my question is could I get my insurance company to just write me a check so use the money for performance upgrades?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
tommiesgt
1st Gear Member

if you go thru your ins company im sure you at least have a 500 deductable, also it will raise your rates.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Not familiar with Cali laws but here if you back into someones car in your own yard you are liable for the damage. The police can't write the ticket but my insurance would still have to pay. Unless Cali is a No Fault state I'd be contacting his insurance company.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Also what you are proposing to do with the money is insurance fraud. Not that I wouldn't like to see Allstate get one up the old rectum (i hate insurance companies) you may not want to post it up on the web.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Machine Age Victim

Originally Posted by tommiesgt
if you go thru your ins company im sure you at least have a 500 deductable, also it will raise your rates.
but free money is still free money

Originally Posted by Portmaster
Also what you are proposing to do with the money is insurance fraud. Not that I wouldn't like to see Allstate get one up the old rectum (i hate insurance companies) you may not want to post it up on the web.
well once they write a check it doesn't matter what I do with it, last time I had a couple hundred left over from a pay out I went to a strip club, made me feel better about the whole incident
Old 11-27-2008, 03:00 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

You could get money from Insurance once you pay your deductable, and no it wouldnt be fraud to use it on something else. However, your rates would jump and so would his..

If you didnt want his rates to jump and want to report it a hit and run, then thats fraud
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if your buddy was a true friend he'd be paying........or at least I'd make sure he'd be paying
Old 11-27-2008, 08:28 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
if your buddy was a true friend he'd be paying........or at least I'd make sure he'd be paying

agree with you completely
Old 11-29-2008, 07:32 PM
84gtcustom
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
agree with you completely
I'm with them, if your buddy dont pay then he really aint a friend at all and I would be at HIS ins co for repairs. but as for going with you ins co and using the $$ for mods go for it.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 PM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 84gtcustom
I'm with them, if your buddy dont pay then he really aint a friend at all and I would be at HIS ins co for repairs. but as for going with you ins co and using the $$ for mods go for it.
Like he said your buddies insurance company should pay for it, if not your buddy should.

Quick Reply: Need help quick