5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

bleeding brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
I have but when you figure cost of time to do it and uncertainty of if it'll come out, often it benifits the customer to purchase a new one, cause if it's rusted in place often I have found the rest of the caliper is not in the best of shape, and often times it is so rusted in place it has broke my easy outs and in the end I've lost 30 min phucking with something that didn't benifit anyone and on top of that I have lost time which owning a shop is money......bottom line is I do what I can when I can for a customer....it doesn't always play out as simple as simply pop it out and put a new one in
Agree..But i swear that i have to deal with some of the cheapest people on the east coast..But i have had to do this before just because the customer did not want to replace the caliper.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by cammedlx
Agree..But i swear that i have to deal with some of the cheapest people on the east coast..But i have had to do this before just because the customer did not want to replace the caliper.
..........I understand.....75 percent of the time I spend working on mercedes, bmw's, vw's and toyota's, generally the people who own such don't really bicker to much, but there is always the exception to the rule
Old 11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

I have to work on anything from fiesta's to cheverlot c 70 box trucks.So there is always a mixture of clients.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I have to work on anything from fiesta's to cheverlot c 70 box trucks.So there is always a mixture of clients.
oh we have our mix too, I have a few customers with box trucks, an ISUZU one in fact with a chevy drivetrain, and hummers and your typical clapped out rides
Old 11-30-2008, 08:11 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

HAHAHA Gotta love it...Our work truck is a tilt cab isuzu,love trying to find parts for the damn thing.And yes statevegas is full of some "gangsta rides".
Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

HAHAHA Gotta love it...Our work truck is a tilt cab isuzu,love trying to find parts for the damn thing..
finding parts generally hasn't been too bad for us more so wiring diagrams....WE DON'T SUBSCRIBE to the isuzu /gm breed specific stuff so I end up using pin location to verify the circuit with a gm 3/4 to 1 ton chasis..pin location id often correct but the wire coloring has been off by a mile, so it has made short and bad connection tracing a nightmare and this truck has had plenty of wiring issues
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Ouch....Do you not have alldata or something similar??? I have access to alldata and thank god i don't hardly need it most of the time but when you do need sometype of diagram electrical or vacuum good luck they won't have **** on it 50% of the time.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Ouch....Do you not have alldata or something similar??? I have access to alldata and thank god i don't hardly need it most of the time but when you do need sometype of diagram electrical or vacuum good luck they won't have **** on it 50% of the time.
yes we have all data and bosch data access.......however neither contain info for an isuzu box truck with a gm powertrain, so I just use the info on a 1 ton gm truck, all troubleshooting and pin locations are correct just not wire color so when probing pins I often have to test for continuity on both ends to make sure I have the correct wire since color coding is of no use in such case
Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Gotcha...Yeah i was a little late on that one..Man i really do understand them situations where you just got to do what you got to do..Quick question how has the business been up there.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

.Quick question how has the business been up there.
lol...you tell me???.......like the rest of this industry right now...slow.......some weeks are better than others........now if I were a CEO of the big three I'd be doing just dandy, cause I could fly all over the country in my private jet then cry poor mouth to congress..........

Quick Reply: bleeding brake problem