5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

E7 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:43 PM
84MustangLX
1st Gear Member

Lmao. Finally someone understands where I'm coming from. I'm 20 not 30. I don't have big boy money to just buy whatever I want for my stang. I mean, if I had the money I would buy really nice heads, but that's just not the case. As for the roller rockers, I would be using the ones on my car right now. I don't work on engines, so I can't just tell if what I'm getting is a good deal or not. The reason I want a local purchase is because I can bring my mechanic with me to check out whatever I am about to purchase. So, that's the case.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:58 PM
cortlan
2nd Gear Member

I went through that exact thing... I was building my 331 stroker and on a college budget Heads just weren't going to happen! those E7's should be fine for what you want! good luck! hope it all works out well!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:16 PM
FLcracker9
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cortlan
well i'm using my stock heads because of lack of money right now... they're getting ported and rebuilt... costing me a fair amount to do that (labor on porting).
I'll refrain from the bashing, but what is it costing you to rebuild and port your E7s?. Around here it would cost you $400 - $500 to do that. I picked up my GT40Ps on ebay for $320 shipped from Maryland to Florida? They were in decent enough shape that I slapped them on and down the road I went. That was 2 years ago and it's still running strong. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I would seriously consider this being that you are going through the trouble of tearing the top end apart.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 PM
cortlan
2nd Gear Member

Well, my "engine" guy is giving me a deal and basically just charging parts... he's charging me, I think, around $300. At this point that was the best deal I could get... and with absolutely no money for any other upgrades this seemed to be the best/easiest deal at this point. Whenever I get this build paid for and get the $1400, I plan on getting some aluminum AFR's!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Tberg725
3rd Gear Member

hey 84 where in michigan are you located???
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
84MustangLX
1st Gear Member

I'm in Macomb County. In a city called Eastpointe. Don't know if you've ever heard of it.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:13 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 84MustangLX
Lmao. Finally someone understands where I'm coming from. I'm 20 not 30. I don't have big boy money to just buy whatever I want for my stang. I mean, if I had the money I would buy really nice heads, but that's just not the case. As for the roller rockers, I would be using the ones on my car right now. I don't work on engines, so I can't just tell if what I'm getting is a good deal or not. The reason I want a local purchase is because I can bring my mechanic with me to check out whatever I am about to purchase. So, that's the case.
leave the heads you have now on...e7's are no better = utter waste of money.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Explosive

I'm also in Michigan, we built our car last year and GT40's were all over craigslist. Go to a junkyard and look for explorers with 5.0's in them.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cortlan
well i'm using my stock heads because of lack of money right now... they're getting ported and rebuilt... costing me a fair amount to do that (labor on porting). I would say (I'll get bashed for saying it) if you want a somewhat stock replacement and more expensive heads aren't in the near future... go for it.... if they are in very good shape and they truly are rebuilt and brought back up to near new condition... $175 isn't bad.... do they have new roller rockers? I would definitely make sure everything on them is done well.

Guys... don't bash me to hard! lol

I just know from what I'm doing now... and man when you don't have money for expensive parts.... I know the feelin!

and you said you didn't care for any more performance out of them.... Why not go for these heads... again only if they were rebuilt RIGHT!
with the money you are spending on that you could have had a nice set of gt40's that would be out flowing your ported stock heads.

no one understands this..."im gunna port my stock e7s because i cant afford and cant find gt40 heads" they are all over the internet and they are cheaper than getting your stock heads ported and are still better. it just sets a fire under my *** when people dont listen.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Tberg725
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 84MustangLX
I'm in Macomb County. In a city called Eastpointe. Don't know if you've ever heard of it.
Yeah a couple of my friends live in eastpointe, im in st clair shores is your car stored for winter?

Quick Reply: E7 Heads