5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

EGR & AC DELETE ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 PM
nasty90
2nd Gear Member

Question EGR & AC DELETE ?

I'm all about simplicity and my A/C doest work, so its gotta go plus its a pain to get the rear passenger side plug out. I live in Ohio so no emissions either so smog pump gotta go too.

Whats all involved in removing the all the emissions and A/C crap(other than the idler brackets) is it even worth my time to remove it all, I mean this is a mainley street car. But in getting ready to install my heads and intake I figured i might as well get the unnessary stuff out of the way.

side note, Is the little solinoid being sold on ebay worth the 20 bucks that plugs into the wiring harness normally were the EGR goes so you dont get a cel ......junk or worth it????

Thanks Guys
Old 01-03-2009, 03:37 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

don't waste your money on the egr thing, the ecm automatically deletes function.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:42 PM
nasty90
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, consider that 20 bucks still in my pockett. Any advise on my other questions, is it even worth my time to remove all that crap?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if you don't care for a/c remove it, it'll clean up the look and if you don't live in an area where emissions are a concern remove it too, it'll help clean up the look
Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM
JalapenoNotch0
1st Gear Member

I just got rid of the A/C on my car. It looks a lot better without all that junk in the way.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
nasty90
2nd Gear Member

Will the car run any differnt with the EGR removed?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
cch
3rd Gear Member

Got the smog and a/c deleted out of my car. Also added an electric fan and waterpump and I'll tell ya, what a difference. Really cleans up the front IMO. Hardest part is getting the right belt. Assuming that you have a mechanical waterpump and if I remember that belt pattern correctly; there will be limited space between the tensioner and water pump. So just remember that new belts stretch cause you don't want it rubbing together. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..it's been a while). Good luck and hope it helps!

ps. you would not believe the amount of junk that comes off by removing a/c, I for one was astonished.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by nasty90
Will the car run any differnt with the EGR removed?
as long as it's not causing a prob right now then with it removed it will not run any different= no performance benifit from removing it
Old 01-03-2009, 07:04 PM
nasty90
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cch
Got the smog and a/c deleted out of my car. Also added an electric fan and waterpump and I'll tell ya, what a difference. Really cleans up the front IMO. Hardest part is getting the right belt. Assuming that you have a mechanical waterpump and if I remember that belt pattern correctly; there will be limited space between the tensioner and water pump. So just remember that new belts stretch cause you don't want it rubbing together. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..it's been a while). Good luck and hope that helps.

ps. you would not believe the amount of junk that comes off by removing a/c, I for one was astonished.

I was just in the garage looking at it, your right their is crap every were its gotta take 100lbs. of the car removing the smog and A/C compresser I cant believe the amount of stuff.

Did you use the FRPP air pump deleate pully kit or an A/C deleat kit?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
cch
3rd Gear Member

I used the frpp a/c delete kit and actually ya with the smog and a/c gone I'd dare say a good 40 ish pounds. Definitely surprised me.

Quick Reply: EGR & AC DELETE ?