5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.
View Poll Results: A poll
CNC Ported Trick Flow 205cc Heads
33.33%
Intake/Exhaust Makeover
26.67%
Cervini Body Makeover
0%
Brake Upgrade to SSBC w/rims
0%
MaximumMotorsports Grip box package
20.00%
Supercharger/KB manifold charger
13.33%
Other
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Help with my first mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Help with my first mod

I have been selling items on ebay that I have owned and did some extra work here and there. I have been waiting to install new modifications to my mustang and finally have worked to get something on there.

I don't know what to do though because there are so many different choices. I did post a poll about a few weeks ago about what I should get with $300 but that money had to go to bills. So I started saving again and selling stuff online. I will soon have around $2000 to throw into my stang. I am actually excited about that. $2K can go a long way with a mustang but I don't have anything on my car yet. It is completely stock. I have full length sub connnectors but haven't installed them yet.

So this is what I was thinking....

I was really leaning towards the CNC ported heads from Trick Flow and get the 205cc intakes. This of course will be it with the $2K.

Also I was thinking about doing a complete make over with the intake and exhaust...CA intake with a larger MAF, larger throttle body, aftermarket intake manifold, long tube headers, Off Road x pipe, aftermarket mufflers....with the addition of a aftermarket fuel regulator and guage pod to monitor my fuel pressure and AF ratio. That will also use up all the funds.

Next is completely reworking the outside of the mustang with a functional stormin normin hood, stalker front bumper, fiberglass decklid with cobra wing on it, cobra rear bumper with new LX exhaust, and a new convertible top. Of course all of the body parts will come from cervinis.

Another idea is upgrading my brakes to SSBC 5 lug four wheel disc brakes. This will give me 11" rotors in front and 10.5" rotors in rear. Then I would purchase either 17" or 18" rims and save for rubber for the wheels.

Also there is an idea of getting a MaximumMotorsports grip package...probably the Road & Track grip box. This is less likely though.

Or purchase a small 6-10 psi supercharger for the stock motor. Or purchase a Kenn Belle manifold charger for the stock motor.

Or there is something I am not thinking about.

I love power, but I also love control. Both are so close that gettting a grip box from MM would be just as satisfying as a complete intake/exhaust make over. What is power without control?

Let me know what you guys think. I plan on getting close to the $2K mark within the month.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help with my first mod

gears
Old 06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobby

gears
LOL I knew someone was going to mention that. Ok keep this in mind...whatever mod I do...gears are a given. Those will be installed anyway.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
RedRyder95

Is this your daily driver? If so, do you want power or handling. If you want power then go with the heads. If you want a little bit of both, go with subframe connectors, springs, shock, struts. Then get the gears, CAI, underdrive pulleys and a set of headers. It all depends on what you want right now. I spent about $2,500 on my 95 GT when I first got it. I did all the above first then put the Edelbrock RPM heads on it a few months later. She drove nice and the power mods gave me about 25-35 HP. Not much then but the heads made her real nice a few months later when I had them installed.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:03 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

i would do the heads but get a new cam when you do the heads too since you will have the top part of the engine taken apart. Are you looking at the TFS R heads?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

No she is not my daily driver. I have another car that is a daily driver. She is just my hobby and weekend ride.

It would be the twisted wedge heads from TF.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
RedRyder95

Since she is your daily driver then go with power. Besides, when you take her for a ride on the weekends you want to feel power, not comfort. That is the whole reason for her being a "weekender." Make sure you have a good final outlook of you car. Doing a little bit at a time can add up more compared to doing it in bulk. If you replace the heads, go ahead and do the intake, lifters and rockers at the same time. You already have it apart, might as well do everything at once if you can.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 PM
luckypballer
2nd Gear Member

this has alot for $2000 http://store.summitracing.com/partde...iew=1&N=309695
Old 06-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckypballer

this has alot for $2000 http://store.summitracing.com/partde...iew=1&N=309695

Interesting.....I like that setup but for some reason I am not into trickflow's manifolds...I don't know why.

That could be a thought though....thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 08:18 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

Holley makes a packaged setup too

Quick Reply: Help with my first mod