5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Rev limiter on 94 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
scottt94gt

Default Rev limiter on 94 GT

How do I bypass this rev limiter?I spoke to the tune guy at american muscle about the SCT tuner for the 94's and he said that the tuner would not bypass the rev limiter and that this tuner for a 1994 GT did not do much!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-...stomer-reviews

it says it does right there
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
scottt94gt

The guy said that about 1/4 of that stuff works on a 94! 1 tune and that is very min no changing on the fly.he said all they do is change the fuel mapping.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

why do you need to bypass the rev limiter? you dont have power up that high anyways. there is no point.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

well what's done on his car?? i don't know,but i do know the question asked about his response from american muscle isn't accurate.

btw a tweecer can be had for a couple bones more,and he would have total access to whatever he desires or future upgrades
Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

well considering his mods which i found in another thread. he's only asking probably because of hear say. but scott, no offense, i wouldnt look into things like change rev limiter. you dont have the need to do it at this point in time considering what you have for mods in previous threads.

I am new to this board so first let me say HI to everyone!!!I have a 1994 gt mustang with an automatic trans with 3.27 gears- BBK Cold air intake-BBK under driven pulleys-no cats and flow master mufflers and i do have a 20hp plus module.I took it to the track and it ran 14.60 at 95 MPH and it would just be shifting into 3rd gear about 100ft before the finish line Since then I lowered it down an inch 1/2 put 3.73 gears in it- replaced the fuel filter and raised the fuel pressure 10lbs added 2 degrees more timing put on a Pro M 75 mm MAF and BBK 70mm throttle body-shift kit -took off the smog pump and took the weight off of the rear end along with those horizontal shocks.I am suppose to race a friend of mine that has a 1969 camaro with a 5 speed trans and 3.73 gears it has a 406ci engine which made 275hp at the rear wheels. this car is all metal and has A/C I am guessing that it weighs about 3800lbs with him in it which should put him around a 13.90! what should i expect out of the changes i made?or better yet what should i hope for.Thanks
Oh and by the way we are doing this at the track and we are both in our mid 40. we raced each other back when we were in our teens. And I won. Sure would like to win again1
It went A 13.63 tonight!!That camaro might just be in for a race!I still have a couple of things I want to do before we run next Friday. I would like to get down to some 13.30's! I bought a venom 110 hp dry system that I m going to install in a couple weeks. I would like to see some 12.20's before i put the new engine in.
I have no reason to lie about this! And I am very sorry if your cobra did not run as fast as our GT!I am not real good with computers but I will have my son try to post the time slips.this car has been a little faster than they said it would go from day 1.I dug up the old time slips from last year and to be exact here is what it ran (14.69 @93.6 mph) now the car weight was 3490 with my son in it at this time! if you do the math that comes out to be about 268fwhp and 220rwhp with 18% drive train loss. we added 3.73 gears which does not allow the engine to make more fwhp but does allow more rwhp do to the drive train being more efficient and thus less loss to the rear wheels so lets say it is now 14% that alone would have put the car into the 14.20's. We put the Pro M MAF on and the BBK throttle body(which I port matched to the intake there was a lip that was around .100 to .125 thousands that needed to be cut out and tapered back) we changed the thermostat to 180 we changed the fuel filter and added an adjustable fuel regulator raised the
fuel pressure and added more timing. If the changes we made to the engine only made 35 fwhp that would put it at 303fwhp and with 14% loss to the rear wheels that would be 258rwhp here is a web sight so you can see estimated ET'shttp://www.jcalculator.com/?c=1_4_mile_calculator.We did remove the spare tire and jack when we were at the track and added 5 gallons of cam2. I can't remember how much fuel was in the car when we weigh it the first time but it only had a 1/4 tank in it when ewe ran it this time! We took the shocks off the rear and removed the weight off the rear housing yesterday and Tuesday it gets a shift kit put in. And we are going to remove the smog pump. And the car ran 100.36 mph on 17in dunlop radials.
Again I am very sorry if your cars do not run the same as mine!!! but I am very happy with the results that I have got with the changes I have made. I will let you no how it runs this weekend with the changes that we make. and it ran 8.76 @82.669 MPH in the 1/8 with a 1.98 60ft
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

lol good story!

well i look at it this way...i buy something..anything it will have all the bells and whistles even if i don't need it at that point..<i'll just add a msd box and add a pill to prevent engine damage until i need it>when i start upgrading i don't have to deal with an outside source again
Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

understandable. im just saying, my bet (cause i've heard it before, but im not putting words in his mouth) that he heard you can raise the rev limiter so you can rap it out even further for more power.

most of us know the valve train and cam set-up isnt adequate for higher revs. so just tryin to help a fella out by saying he doesnt need to waste his money or time trying to raise his limiter.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

well if that's the case...he'll learn reall quick when he snaps rockers and breaks valve springs won't he..man who the heck told him that?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
scottt94gt

I don't no were your Rev limiter hits but mine seems to hit a 5500 rpm's.This is a project that i started with my son and it is the first time i have messed with this year mustang I only got on here to see what some of you guys were doing and did not mean to get anyone mad! I took it to the track and now i have people on here calling me a liar!I have nothing to gain by lying on here I am 46 years old and just trying to have some fun with my son. the engine in the car is just a test dummy right now and if it blows up it is no big deal! But when i drive the car it is still pulling pretty good when the rev limiter hits. I have 2 other engines for the car that are done but want to get things dialed in with the engine in it before i switch. If something with the fuel or timing isn't right i would rather burn a piston in this engine than one of the new ones.As far as American muscle go's I can only tell you what the man said to me! that is why i ask this question to find out if anyone had someone else to use.If the tuner from SCT would raise the RPM limit and do nothing else I would still buy it for that reason only.Not to sound like a wise *** but I have built engines for world champion APBA boats-Nascar-world of outlaw sprint cars - world of outlaw late models and 6 second 10.5 tire cars. I am pretty sure i can get a 302 ford to make power to 6500 RPM's and not brake rocker arms and push rods.I appreciate the concern from some of the posters on here about the engine that is in the car but I really don't need to be educated on the mechanical s of the engine just some of the electronics. thanks.PS a good friend of mine owns ATI transmissions and I ordered a new 10 inch converter from him today and aluminum drive shaft.I am betting that i can get my sons car to run 12.90's with the bolt on's i have a new converter -good set of tires

Quick Reply: Rev limiter on 94 GT