5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

This article pisses me off...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:03 AM
sick95gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This article pisses me off...

guys like him are the ones who make the haters hate on mustangs. He's got to be one of the guys who thinks his car is so bas *** and uses excuses when he loses. I would give him credit for effort if his car at least looked OK. I'd rather have it stock. He gives mustangs a bad name, no matter which engine. He's the kind of person who would make me wanna mess with him just because of his attitude.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:34 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

he's one of the ones that you give a real big lead and then blow him away and laugh at him
Old 06-27-2005, 10:31 AM
89lx302
1st Gear Member

isn't his shift **** the one you buy at autozone that has the blinking RAINBOW COLORS?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Keith
1st Gear Member

takes more than a ugly body kit and blue wire covering to make a muscle car--He should have saved his money and bought a V8
Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Keith
1st Gear Member

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against V6 Mustangs-even owned a 4-cylinder in the past,but this guys attitude is what makes his car ugly.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

I guess someone has to say something other than the typical "I would smoke him".

Here is the neutral point of view that I have....

First off he is being polite about his article. Yes he does put down the 5.0s but I can see why. If you know owners of 5.0s most of them have big heads....as seen here in these post. Of course this guy is downing so the first response is to attack back. But to each their own..his car is "his" car. If he wanted a v6 then maybe a v8 wasnt an option. Maybe that is all he had and he wanted a new car. Maybe he has to daily drive it and the v8s don't get great gas milage. Yes I sometimes have a big head too because of my 5 liters of displacement but all the time I have to stand corrected.

Now our stand....he does mention that he puts more HP than a stock 225hp 5.0 which is probably not the case with only P&P heads and intake on his v6. But if P&P right he could (see the "could" not "is"0 be putting the same hp. Which he thinks is enough to smoke us...but what he is failing to realize is 5.0s don't move because of their HP...they move because of their TQ. We have Torquy little bastards...why do you think we have to reinforce our car's frame....high TQ (and it is a FORD).

Putting aside the fact that his front bumper does not match the "typical" mustang look his car is clean. There are plenty of 5.0s out their that dump money into their engine and leave the outside looking like cottage cheese. Or we have all seen those cars owned by some and they place expensive beautiful chrome rims on a car in desperate need of a paint job....kind of strang in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong...I am not downing 5.0s either....if I would...I would be downing myself. But you have to face the fact that some (not all) 5.0 owners do disregard other cars alot.

So to this situation it may **** you off, but you have to see it from his stand point too, which is look at the choice words he uses, and look at the choice of words used in the previous threads here.

Who is more immature? Or are both about the same...immature?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:22 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Yes but it's not only the fact that he is putting down our cars, he is putting the drivers down also by calling us poor. I wish I could find his e-mail address. Anyone live in pennsylvania.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1991_5.0_Convertible

Yes but it's not only the fact that he is putting down our cars, he is putting the drivers down also by calling us poor. I wish I could find his e-mail address. Anyone live in pennsylvania.

LOL....you are really taking this to heart...LOL
Old 06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Nah, it just really erks me that there are people out there like this, but I guess I just need to get used to it and go by the saying, "Don't sweat petty things and don't pet sweaty things" .
Old 06-27-2005, 03:45 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Rofl. Awww, it's cute.

Quick Reply: This article pisses me off...