5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

O/R H-pipe and glasspacks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
95_302_StangMan
3rd Gear Member

Default O/R H-pipe and glasspacks?

Hey my cousin has Vortex Cherry Bomb glasspacks on his 95 GT and is getting a catless H-pipe how is this gonna sound? Will it sound really deep and throaty or will it be loud and cackly? Thanks for any input.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:01 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Default RE: O/R H-pipe and glasspacks?

Have you ever been driving and saw a couple of good ol' boys in a rusted down chebby with loud exhuast....................there ya go that's how it will sound,glass packs flow like crap,sound like crap,and well there just crap.If you wanted something loud and cheap should of went with some dynomax race bullets,then you would have gotten the deep and throaty sound he was looking for.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

pretty much and over time the glass packs burn out or whatever and get louder.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
95_302_StangMan
3rd Gear Member

Haha..... I was right he thought that they would sound awesome but i kept telling him that it was gonna sound like a beat up old farm truck hhhmmmmmmm... he shoulda listened to me btw the person putting them on is paulstang so give him a hard time if you see him posting sorry paul but I had to.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Just pm him the link to this threadAnd dude you should've just waited untill you had to money to buy real mufflers instead of $20 glass packs.IMHO
Old 07-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

well actually someone in this thread is very wrong about how they flow. they did a test a few years ago and they actually flow very well. they just sound like crap. they sound raspy just like any other straight thru muffer.

but they do flow good
Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Well i guess we got or information from two totally different facts,and please don't play childish games just say"stangpower you're wrong and know nothing about mustangs,i know everthing and you're always wrong"and just because a muffler is loud does not mean it flows good have you ever looked in a true glass pack and not a bullet?if you have you would understand why i say they don't flow very good.And a true glass pack is not straight thru.But bullet mufflers tend to have a fiberglass sound asorber and there for some people consider them "glass packs".
Old 07-05-2005, 11:51 PM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

my glass packs sound ****ign sick on my car.. i have mac long tubes and a hatless hpipe.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangpower96

Well i guess we got or information from two totally different facts,and please don't play childish games just say"stangpower you're wrong and know nothing about mustangs,i know everthing and you're always wrong"and just because a muffler is loud does not mean it flows good have you ever looked in a true glass pack and not a bullet?if you have you would understand why i say they don't flow very good.And a true glass pack is not straight thru.But bullet mufflers tend to have a fiberglass sound asorber and there for some people consider them "glass packs".
well i didnt pay attention to who said it. i got my info from a older issue of car craft. they did a comparison of various mufflers. and a glasspack is straight thru with packing on the sides. kinda like a sportbike Can.

now i would say youre the one acting childish saying someone doesnt know something and someone knows everything.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ok, I was going to ask what a glasspack is, but it looks like this is turning into a flame fest, so I guess that's my que to back off...

Quick Reply: O/R H-pipe and glasspacks?