5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Suspension Tips.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Mattalicious
1st Gear Member

Default Suspension Tips.

Getting paid soon, looking to re-do the entire suspension. Might not have enough to do both front and back.
Just looking for some advice on what would be best. I figure I'll start with the rear-end as that's where my current problem is.
What all does this involve, part-wise? I was looking at a set of Eibach's(http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-04-coupe.html) to raise it up a little, as my car currently sits lower than a Z06(Thanks to the previous owner, who decided to just chop the springs the lower it).
Not sure which brands are good as I'm new to all of this. Would that be a good set? I'm wanting to build up the rear-end as over the next few months I'm going to be throwing a lot at my car(Looking for 350-400HP).
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

are you wanting street/strip? drag car? handling? auto x?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Mattalicious
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
are you wanting street/strip? drag car? handling? auto x?
It's my daily driver, but I really don't care about gas and whatnot, so it's going to be a little of both. Street/Strip on the weekends.
Looking for a good, smooth ride but a well-built rear-end that can handle some power.

Edit: By the way, Miyavi is a badass.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

those eibachs you've suggested are a good grab then. whats your budget. i've got an excellent suggestion if you can gather approx 700 dollars to dispose. you can take care of all your susepnsion in 1 shot minus sub frame connectors.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Mattalicious
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
those eibachs you've suggested are a good grab then. whats your budget. i've got an excellent suggestion if you can gather approx 700 dollars to dispose. you can take care of all your susepnsion in 1 shot minus sub frame connectors.
Shoot. Can you include links too? It'd be much appreciated. Just looking for 350-400hp and a rear-end that can handle that(and more) when I finish building up my 408.
I was supposed to be getting a check here on the 25th for about $1200 but the job was terminated early(Thanks, Government).
But I should still be getting around $800 or so, so I'm down to hear your input. =]
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Mattalicious
1st Gear Member

Bump, awaiting FivePointOhh's response.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

summit puts together a suspension kit for 680 or soemthing and it includes.

-springs(its put together with ford C springs but a call to the rep and you can switch it to any spring you want)
-strange engineering 10 way adjustable shocks and struts
-hotchkis caster chamber plates w/ hardware.

only thing you'd have to buy is spring isolators which are cheap. only thing you'd have to do after that to have a pretty stout suspension set up would be sub frame connectors and adjustable control arms.

im lazy to post a link right now, but if you go to summitracing.com and search "summit suspension" you'll find the kit im talking about.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
88 347 stroker
1st Gear Member

DO NOT BUY STEEDA SPRINGS!!!!!!!. I bought a set directly from them and the LF sits highter than the RF and the Rear is lower then the front. i called them about it and they told me thats just how they are and there is nothing they can do for me. I did some research after the fact and found out that several people i talked to had the same problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
88 347 stroker
1st Gear Member

it looks like crap.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

did you inspect the springs prior to install to ensure that there wasnt any defects in their production?

Quick Reply: Suspension Tips.