5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Megasquirt vs. twEECer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
302f150
3rd Gear Member

Default Megasquirt vs. twEECer

My car has h/c/i, exhaust, and all the emissions stuff gone. I plan on going turbo in a few months(early 2010) but I'd like the car to run better now. I dont wanna sped the money twice to get a custom tune, and then go back. I'm looking into getting a diff engine management setup, but i have no experience with either one. I'm not dumb when it comes to cars or computers or tuning. Im ase master certified and have a good bit of training through ford. I also build computers part time. I just need to know which is better overall. The megasquirt is more expensive as a complete pulg and play(http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/p...0-c-53_57.html) than the tweecer rt by about 50 bucks. It does away with the factory computer, as it has its own. The tweecer is a piggyback style basically. So i assume the megasquirt is more customizable. I need some input on which would be easier to setup and make changes, as this is going on my DD, and I cant have it down for a long time trying to figure out some programming software. Also going to be using a wideband. The tweecer says i can use a wideband if i use one of the emissions inputs(92 mustang)? Does the megasquirt allow a wideband to be datalogged without rigging something up?

What I really want is input from people who have used one or both, or knows someone who has used them well enough to know the pros and cons. Not someone going oh get this one cuz its better because it just is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Moates Quarterhorse > both those choices.... I know this first hand. Do a post search with my name as the poster, and search for megasquirt.

I also used the tweecer back in 2006. I prefer my Quarterhorse!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I've installed/tuned three msII's, one more in the process after the guy buys injectors. One of which I ordered unassembled & put it together myself to learn more about it. I've had zero problems getting them in & running good with the exception to the first one. The first one I installed was setup to drive coil packs instead of the tfi/coil setup on the fox mustang, something to keep in mind if you order it... specify that it's for a ford mustang. It started up, but it went through 2 coils very quickly. After I got that fixed, I got it idling perfectly in about 20 minutes. When I put mine in, it took me about 10 minutes to get it idling/going down the road good. It has an autotune program you can turn on if you have a wideband o2, I didn't use it though.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...egasquirt.html
that was the second install, during when I was putting it together as a plug into stock eec setup.