5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

wow..just ran my car with my turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:23 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

Default wow..just ran my car with my turbo setup

wow!!!! thats all i have to say. yesterday i finished my turbo project that i been working on for the past 3 months. by the way i got 93 mustang coupe. yesterday after installing right spark plugs i took it for a lil test drive...man that thing pulls realllllly hard in all gears,especially 3-4. its just nuts. i think iam lifting my heads since its overheating a bit if driven under hard boost.oh well nothing comes cheap so i will put some cometics gaskets along with arp head studs.

its just weird how it breaks loose in second gear once the turbo spools up to 7-8psi.i took my buddy along for a test drive around the block.he owns 99 gt with full exhaust and he says its way faster then his car.all i heard from him once i flooer in second gear was"holy ****,holy fk...this things insane.." lol. i still need to adjust my timing and fuel pressure so hopefully it'll run stronger in some days.i would put up some pictures once i get my car cleaned on sunday.iam getting full detail done so it'll be nice and shiny again
Old 07-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wow..just ran my car with my turbo setup

Nice you need to get some pics or your beast. Got and dyno number on it yet?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 AM
bc_stang
1st Gear Member

dyno number??? buddy i just finished yesterday..iam not even done ripping around the corners yet so once iam bored of doing that,i will head towards dyno shop...j/k no i want to get some sorta tuner so that my timing can be perfect.right now once in a while at WOT it kinda backfires through the intake....actually it just did like twice in two days so iam avoiding WOT driving right now.

i will post some pictures or even a video once its all shiny again on sunday.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:20 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

im dying to see pics!! glad to hear its up and running
Old 07-16-2005, 05:42 AM
horatio102
4th Gear Member

hmm, mine breaks 'em loose in 2nd at about 2800rpm, and I don't have forced induction (yet).

If you come down to meridian performance to get it dyno'd get in touch with me, I'd like to take a look.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:41 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bc_stang

wow!!!! thats all i have to say. yesterday i finished my turbo project that i been working on for the past 3 months. by the way i got 93 mustang coupe. yesterday after installing right spark plugs i took it for a lil test drive...man that thing pulls realllllly hard in all gears,especially 3-4. its just nuts. i think iam lifting my heads since its overheating a bit if driven under hard boost.oh well nothing comes cheap so i will put some cometics gaskets along with arp head studs.

its just weird how it breaks loose in second gear once the turbo spools up to 7-8psi.i took my buddy along for a test drive around the block.he owns 99 gt with full exhaust and he says its way faster then his car.all i heard from him once i flooer in second gear was"holy ****,holy fk...this things insane.." lol. i still need to adjust my timing and fuel pressure so hopefully it'll run stronger in some days.i would put up some pictures once i get my car cleaned on sunday.iam getting full detail done so it'll be nice and shiny again

What does that mean??And that thing should rip the tires loose on the highway in fifth gear mine spins fourth with drag radials.I wouldnt be flooring it with out it tuned or its gonna blow up.Sounds pretty cool thou get us some pics
Old 07-16-2005, 01:34 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ya, that thing is in desparate need of a tune now
Old 07-16-2005, 02:05 PM
horatio102
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

What does that mean??And that thing should rip the tires loose on the highway in fifth gear mine spins fourth with drag radials.I wouldnt be flooring it with out it tuned or its gonna blow up.Sounds pretty cool thou get us some pics
I'm pretty sure it means he thinks that under full boost the head bolts are stretching and the heads are pulling up off the deck. I would think that if this was the case there'd be a bunch of head gasket material all over the engine compartment.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM
sastangman
2nd Gear Member

i would suggest going with a 3-row aluminum radiator like
a fluidyne and beefing up your water pump with a edelbrock
or a stewart pump.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:25 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

You should give the car to me so I can have it . I bet that thing is fun as hell, we need some videos and pictures ASAP!

Quick Reply: wow..just ran my car with my turbo setup