5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

car wont start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: car wont start up

yeah im aiming towards the starter... it makes me laugh at the fact that it went overnight.. when the previous day it ran like a charm.. weird
Old 07-22-2005, 08:09 PM
foxbox

same thing happned to my car and for me it turned out to be the fuel pump.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

yo how did u no it was the fuel pump?? so ur telling me when this happened to u.. u tried starting it, but u got no responses.. u can basically turn the key all the way and the motor didnt start? and it was the fuel pump.. hmm well maybe thats my problem
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 PM
foxbox

well i knew that if your fuel pump is kinda getting loud to where you can hear it, that the pump is goin bad. and yea it wouldnt start no gas ...lol
Old 07-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

dude now that i think of it.. how the hell does the fuel pump have anything to do with the car not starting... im talkin bout ignition problem or sumthin, as in battery or starter.. r u sayin u had no gas in ur car when ur car didnt start? i mean lets get real here
Old 07-22-2005, 11:52 PM
86gt5.0HO
2nd Gear Member

What the hell are all you guys talking about? He said the car won't turn over, but he does hear the fuel pump running. That means he prolly has a starter, starter relay, or ignition switch problem. All this talk about loud fuel pumps and checking all your plugs is Bull Sh*t. Stay on topic, and if you don't know what the hell your talking about don't contribute, cause this thread is junk now cause of all the side tracking.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

i agree, dont blame the starter, thats a guess, you should be explaining how to check for voltage at the seloniod and the switch. if i were guessing like everyone else i wouldnt say battery b/c the fuel pump runs off 12v so the battery has some charge if its priming. go beat on the starter with a hammer and get someone to try to start it at the same time, if it starts its definately the starter, if it doesnt atleast you will know its not the starter. if its not the starter go ahead and change the selinoid as they are cheap, and go bad all the time, that will eliminate the most common causes of a no crank.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

cant blame me for that pointless remark.. hes the 1 who said it was the fuel pump.. how could it be when its an ignition problem... i dont understand how the starter can crap out overnight.. makes no sense.. battery is my guess... if u feel otherwise, please let me no b/c its pissing me off how the car wont start when it did the very night b4
Old 07-23-2005, 05:42 PM
sntheticdelusion1
1st Gear Member

you can do 2 things one sell the car to me for 50 bucks i mean hell it wont even crank or 2 do what the guy above you said and tap on the starter with a hammer and get your buddy to try and crank it and yes a starter just goes like that you may tap it get it to crank and it may start working agian for awhile (mine did like 6 months after ) or you may have to do this to crank it everytime untill you change the starter but rather than sit here and tell us what you think it is how bout go try some of the advice some of the guys on here are giving you because obviously what you think it is aint it cause the car still aint running
Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

yeah ive been trying everything... ive tried charging the battery, that wasnt it.. its the starter, im buying a new 1 and having it put in.. so there

Quick Reply: car wont start up