Please Help! - MustangForums.com

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Please Help!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
swapped94

Angry Please Help!

I am new to the forum sorry for the post so soon. I just finished my swap. It was a 94 V6 auto > 94 5.0 h.0 5 speed. I bought a donor car with everything from rad. to the exhaust tips. I just finished installing everything. Rear is in, trans and motor, engine, harness, computer, vac unit inside fender, clutch/brake assembly, gauges, ect. Its a GT now! The car turns over but does not start. The fuel pump kicks on, as its cranked u can smell the fuel. There is no spark wat so ever. I replaced the dizzy. Still nothing. I took everything off my car computer, ignition control module, coil and installed it on my dads 95 5.0 and his starts right up. I have 6 (six)!!! grounds going to the motor/body. Rotor is spinning. With ignition on im getting 12.35v into the red coil wire on the connector. I need help. Someone said it could be the crankshaft position sensor but the car does not have one nor my dads. Another person today said cam position sensor? I did not do the noid light on the injectors yet. This is about as far as i went.

Overview. Full swap. New rotor, cap, dizzy, plugs, wires, computer coil and module test fine on dads car. WTF is it!

Thanks for all the help in advance guys!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

See if the computer will do a self check in your swap vehicle, to confirm its getting power and wiring is ok, you may get lucky and get a code as well. I see your a Jersey Boy, bet you got a hell of a deal on the package

Here is are a few wiring diagram to test power and ground at the distributor ignition control module
and ECM.

ECM

Last edited by aode08; 07-26-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

damn dude...i hope that wiring diagram helps him out....it made me dizzy.lol
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM
swapped94

me too im going to look into this diagram i found for checking for spark its a couple checks with a light tester to see if i have a open wire. I coulda possibly scraped a wire while doing my swap.