5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

sn95

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

Default sn95

hey everyone, i have had my 87GT 5speed for a few months now, and it has a good bit of bolt ons, nothing major though, k&n panel filter, smog delete, o/r hpipe, flowmasters and dumps, and u/d pulleys. anyways, today i drove 2 other mustangs, one was a 90 notchback 5.0 5speed, it had gears, and a short shifter, a/c and smog delete, and a 95 GT 5.0 5speed. my question is how much slower is the stock sn95 than my 87, i ask b/cause i like the car, and its a good price, but it was a dog compared to mine, i mean most of the rice cars i have modded before i was into mustangs would have beat this car. even the 90 with gears wouldnt hang with mine, also my car pulls hard to 6000, both of the others dropped suddenly at 5600rpms. im trying to figure out if something was done before i got my car, because all the bolt ons ive done havent really made that big of a diff. as far as i can tell. whats the deal, makes me wanna rip my motor down and see. still has cast heads, and stock intake manifold, even still has the stock 3.08s and inop. trac-loc. anyone got an idea??
Old 08-24-2005, 09:41 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sn95

i forgot, another question. my car is the first mustang ive owned, and the first 5speed mustang ive ever driven, and comparing the clutch pedal feel to the other two today got me thinking something is wrong. mine is so stiff i cant barely push it, i mean i have to push against the seat and lock my knee to hold the clutch in, i thought it was normal. what would cause it to be so hard. the cable??? considering it is a stock replacement and not a high performance clutch. the previous owner told me they just put the clutch in, and showed me the old one, but didnt say what kind it was, so i am guessing its a stock replacement.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:21 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

my clutch was still has heck to then i replaced the cable with a summit one and its smooth as silk now
Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
af41

I have a 94 cobra, pretty much the same thing as a 95 gt, and I have to tell you that when I drove in a 89 or 90 gt that thing would have smoked the s**t out of me, stock vs. stock. Then I read on these threads that Ford pulled timing out of the sn95s in their computers because the fox bodies tore up trannies or some s**t like that. The fox I drove in got sideways when you dumped the clutch in 2nd and I was like holy ****! My car wont do that and its supposed to be a Cobra! I've heard that the sn95 computer just needs to be tweeked though....
Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

Well first off stock vs stock the fox is gunna beat any sn95 because its lighter dunno how much a couple hundred pounds, but some good things about the sn95s is they have disk breaks in the back 5 lug wheels and few other differences and personally i think they look better and have a nice interroir(just my oppion). Now about the computer thing ive only herd that something like the gas is suppose to cut off at 120mph on the cobras not completely but some(something like that im not sure about that but thats all ive herd). Right now my sn95 has these mods.....Trickflow upper/lower intake, Port and polished stock heads(three angle job) Fcam, AFPR, C & L 76mm MAF, bbk 75 tb, march under drives, new waterpump, 190 lph fuel pump, pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73s, bbk equal length headers, bbk catless mid pipe, flows, 180 thermastat, msd cap and rotar, bbk CAI. Those are pretty much the mods that make the car faster i have a bunch of other crap but doesnt increase preformance. AND all the mods are on a fresh rebuilt engine and im putting out around 300ish at wheeles i have a few weight reductions and ive driven agaisnt some other foxes with close mods and its pretty even all depending on the driver ive won and lost races but the majority of them i win so really they both can be just as fast it all depends what you plan on doing with them if you want to keep it stock but have a faster car then of course go with the fox. SO make sure to keep inconsideratiomn what you plan on doing to the car eventually.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

o yea and im pretty sure peak power on stangs is at 5500 rpms thats what everyone says anyhigher you start to lose power so yea dunno
Old 08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

all i can think is the previous owner did a cam swap, the idle is pretty lumpy compared to other foxes ive driven, and ridden in. and the sn95 i drove was yesterday in the rain, and it barely got sideways in second dumping the clutch, my car will on dry pavement easily, so i decided not to get it anyways, i guess i will have to switch out my cable some time to soften the pedal.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
GodMagnus
1st Gear Member

Hey xgregrandomx, thats a nice car in your sig, is that yours?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GodMagnus

Hey xgregrandomx, thats a nice car in your sig, is that yours?
yup not bad of a car for a 16 year old huh =)
Old 08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wildstang87

all i can think is the previous owner did a cam swap, the idle is pretty lumpy compared to other foxes ive driven, and ridden in. and the sn95 i drove was yesterday in the rain, and it barely got sideways in second dumping the clutch, my car will on dry pavement easily, so i decided not to get it anyways, i guess i will have to switch out my cable some time to soften the pedal.
well take into consideration the car is some what heavier and did you check the tires maybe it had some type of drs on it causing it to lock up better and not go side ways..

and sideways isnt always good i wish my car would lock up better and not spin into third

also how many miles does this car have on it it might have seen better days and have lost some power to lower compression and is the trak lock working that could cause it to not spin out all the way and etc, and that cam if thats the only mod that can accuatlly cause the car to lose power if it doesnt have supporting mods and is 2 big.

i recommend driving another sn95

Quick Reply: sn95