5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:03 PM
DennisC6

Default PLEASE HELP!!

I Just took my motor apart because it was blowing smoke out of a tail pipe and i decided to put a cam heads and intake on it. i got it all back together and went to start it and now its having a HARD time turning over with the starter. its easy by hand but hard on the starter. what do you think it is? i need help! please and thank you!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Mods are gonna be mad that you posted twice, they'll be here soon to close one of these. Stick with this one. For the sake of that most definitely happening, I'll post what I said in the other one here as well:

If what you say is true, then I would assume you forgot to reinstall the battery ground or didn't tighten it. Assuming you took it off to do the job, that is..

Otherwise it's likely an issue with the install. It shouldn't be easy to spin with a socket and ratchet, it should have compression phases and become easy or hard depending on where it is. The starter could be spinning it so fast because you lack compression that it sounds like it's barely moving.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

sounds like the ground strap to the engine is loose or not making a good connection.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by DennisC6
I Just took my motor apart because it was blowing smoke out of a tail pipe and i decided to put a cam heads and intake on it. i got it all back together and went to start it and now its having a HARD time turning over with the starter. its easy by hand but hard on the starter. what do you think it is? i need help! please and thank you!
better check your timing, sounds like you could of stabbed the dizzy a little off