5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

possible to straighten frame?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:13 AM
schecterplayer
1st Gear Member

Default possible to straighten frame?

hi i own a 92 gt that at least to my knowledge and carfax, inspection, etc. has not been wrecked. it does have a bulge in the passenger A pillar and the door has been a pain to close and line up properly, even after the hinge pin repair. you can see the gap in the door and fender is slightly wider at the top than at the bottom. the door used to rub until i adjusted the fender. the fender used to also sit higher than the cowl near the windshield. so i can see it either has been in a wreck of some sort or it has the typical foxbody frame twist. is this possible to fix? i know body shops have frame machines but do they just pull it into shape? im no expert but it doesnt seem to be too badly damaged.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:47 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Doesn't really have a frame, uni-body construction. Take it to a reliable body shop and get estimates and recommendations.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

A unibody car is much more difficult to get into alignment because when you pull one area, another area may shift as well. So, while you fix that door/fender gap you could be pulling the hood/fender alignment out.

Take it to a shop that does Unibody repair.